Official Squamish Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Squamish Thread
| Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
TheMrJustus wrote:
Since there isn't much biking going on currently, i hope some slight off topic is accepted.

I'd love to move to Squamish coming October for a master-thesis. Since I am posting this in a MTB forum, you might guess part of my reasoning behind this Wink
Currently I am still looking for a company where I could write my thesis, though.
I am studying mechanical engineering and if you have any idea for a company in or around Squamish where I might have a chance to write my thesis, your tips would be greatly appreciated!
Or if you have tips for resources where I find which companies are in the area, that would be cool, too!
Thanks in advance!

I'm not based in Squamish, but I imagine there might be a little confusion -- what do you mean by "company"? Are you talking about an engineering firm that would sponsor your thesis? What kind of "company" are you looking for? I imagine it would heavily depend on what you're looking to do for your thesis, and as far as I know, mechanical engineering can be a fairly broad field

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
Coming down from Kamloops and I need to ride!!! How's Alice these days?

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 16:46 Quote
therob wrote:
Coming down from Kamloops and I need to ride!!! How's Alice these days?

All good

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 16:50 Quote
I rode Angry Midget and Unrelated Dead Guys/SOT last Wednesday, no snow at all, some soft spots/mud/puddles but not bad at all for early March.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
Hi! I'm planning a trip to Squamish in May with my boyfriend who really enjoys downhill biking (I do too but am not as advanced). Does anyone have recommendations for some fun downhill flow trails in the Squamish area? He would normally research all of this but I'm trying to surprise him. A bit of technical is cool too. Thank you!

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
MCCB wrote:
Hi! I'm planning a trip to Squamish in May with my boyfriend who really enjoys downhill biking (I do too but am not as advanced). Does anyone have recommendations for some fun downhill flow trails in the Squamish area? He would normally research all of this but I'm trying to surprise him. A bit of technical is cool too. Thank you!

Half Nelson is a great trail for that.. flowy, easy, but fun for everyone! Can link it up with Pseudo Psugo for a nice long flow track. Miki's Magic and those trails up that way are good as well, have some table top jumps on them. A good starter to some tech trails might be Leave of Absence and Rupert... have some good rocks on Rupert so if you're visiting Squamish I would recommend getting on some rock slabs!

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
MCCB wrote:
Hi! I'm planning a trip to Squamish in May with my boyfriend who really enjoys downhill biking (I do too but am not as advanced). Does anyone have recommendations for some fun downhill flow trails in the Squamish area? He would normally research all of this but I'm trying to surprise him. A bit of technical is cool too. Thank you!

Half Nelson is a great trail for that.. flowy, easy, but fun for everyone! Can link it up with Pseudo Psugo for a nice long flow track. Miki's Magic and those trails up that way are good as well, have some table top jumps on them. A good starter to some tech trails might be Leave of Absence and Rupert... have some good rocks on Rupert so if you're visiting Squamish I would recommend getting on some rock slabs!

Thank you! We'll try these out Smile

Posted: Apr 13, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
What is the deal trails like rodeo rose and sauerkraut? Were they legally built and deemed to sketchy to be opened to the general public after the fact, or is it more or less just somebody who said screw it and did it in secret. Also is this how most of the double black trails came to be before eventually being sanctioned and plotted on a map?

Posted: Apr 14, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
Sanctioned is a term that can be a bit of a grey area. I interpret it as being approved/endorsed by the landowner. Those trails were built illegally and in secret as you stated. Trailforks is entirely crowdfunded and trails can easily get added without landowner approval. I'd imagine they'd be quite hard to close at this point so it's easier to just turn a blind eye to them. It's less easy when people put them on trailforks, promote them, etc

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
HELP*** LOST

I left my black Smith Mainline helmet with Smith Goggle at the bottom of Diamondhead on May 1st (Last Sunday) at approx 4pm after shuttling.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

604-910-7368

Frown Frown

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 18:35 Quote
Spam #5

I apologize for spammimg, please keep a couple eyes out for these missing people. They are relatives of one of my friends.

A friends Cousins. I m going to be spamming the Canadian threads with this please don t kill me... P.S. Not a joke.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
I’m planning to ride Squamish on Sunday. The forecast is calling for rain. Lots of it. What trails (if any) should I avoid?

Current plan is intermediate riding at either Diamond Head (Half Nelson, Full Nelson, Angry M) or Alice Lake (Leave of Absence, Rupert, Pamplemousse, Miki’s Magic, Slipperty Salmon). I am leaning towards Diamond Head since I don’t spend much time riding either slabs or rain.

Alternately, might it be a better idea to skip Squamish on Sunday and stick to the North Shore? I will be spending Monday-Friday in Whistler could head down to Squamish then.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
Ride Alice Lake. The slab trails are great in the rain. Grip doesn’t really change.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
Another option is carrying on to Pemberton, most of the trails there are better when wet

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Ride Alice Lake. The slab trails are great in the rain. Grip doesn’t really change.
Thanks - I rode Alice Lake and like you said - plenty of grip on the rock. Lost the rear tire a few times but 100% rider error.

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008438
Mobile Version of Website