[RATE MY RIDE] Commuter/Road/Fixie - Please RATE the bike posted above you.

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
[RATE MY RIDE] Commuter/Road/Fixie - Please RATE the bike posted above you.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 11:30 Quote
This thread is a Rate My Ride Section for Commuter/Road/Fixie

The scores are counted out of 10 & a comment with suggestion is needed for the rates

example; 8/10 "Good but needs single speed"

---RATE THE BIKE WHICH POSTED ABOVE YOU---

Spec Included If Possible

Thread Rules:
1. Stay on track, try not to go off-topic.
2. No bashing other users.
3. No random posts or pictures.
4. No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
5. No linking to distasteful websites
6. No swearing
7. No flaming
8. No distasteful pictures
9. No vulgar posts, no nudity, no rude, crude or obscene pictures
10. No discussing about torrents/other forms of piracy
11. No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
12. No talking about illicit/illegal activity

#MODS# Kinetic-UK, blakel #MODS

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
It currently has pink grips and a new to me selle italia saddle
photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:33 Quote
Rating for bike above mine: 7.5 or 8/10. I like that it has true Horizontal dropouts, and is a dedicated track/fixed bike....but for some reason the colour scheme doesn't flow for me...For example, gold cranks are nice, but I would use a black chainwheel in the front Smile (just my opinion...but still very nice!)

One of my many commuter/roadie bikes I have owned...it's my current/temp bike until i find a nice track frame (horizontal dropouts).

This one is in museum condition... I purchased it locally from private hands. It has a full shimano group (brakes, hub, cranks, drivetrain), modolo bars, and the only thing that is NOT original is the seat (and the beautiful Christmas ribbon style bartape lol). Heck, even the rubber hoods on the brake levers are still sticky and super grippy (none of that smooth hard plastic cracked stuff you find in 80s bikes).

photo

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:39 Quote
^^^^^^ 9/10 classy and well preserved, please, please never turn it into a fixie™

my ride, depending on my mood / planned riding distance i change my bars over so here are two pictures:
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
^8/10, I like your rims and crankset.

photo

as she was in spring 09. will post updated pics (grips, saddle, pedals) when i take them. Cheers!

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
7/10, old school!

photo

photo

Surly Steamroller frame & fork
Chris King headset
3T stem 110mm
random riser bar
ODI Longneck grips
Cinelli Volare SLX saddle
SR post + Surly clamp
Truvativ Omnium crank with 48t ring
MKS touring pedals with random plastic cages
KMC BMX chain
Sun Venus rims to Formula hubs + 17t Soma cog
Panaracer Pasela TG tires 32c

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 12:02 Quote
8/10 would be a 9 but the odi's ruin it for me, (logo, colour etc) brown leather look grips or brown leather look tape your onto a winner!

my road:
photo
now using Look Keo max pedals

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 13:58 Quote
^7/10 Would definitely be a 9/10, but Im not a fan of the Shimano Crankset. It looks out of place on most bikes I think. Everything Else looks solid though!

photo
Sorry about the glare. Im not a very good photographer.

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 16:08 Quote
8/10 love the stealthy look

mine:
photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 16:18 Quote
5/10...sorry i really don't like conversions unless they have good geometry.

This is mine. Soon to add a Campy Record Pista crankset...just waiting on the Bottom Bracket.

photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
6/10 The front wheel kills it. Those old zipp wheels are pretty weak at best. 4/10 if it's a sew up. They are cool for the track but for the street that's SKETCH. And I hate square taper anything, it's outdated crap.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/imjesusnailmeup/P1000519.jpg
Currently with a gold 30MM hplus son and chub hub front wheel. There's also a set of time clipless pedals on there too. I'm waiting on a gold set of race face cranks and chainring to be available to go with my shiny new king BB.

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 17:22 Quote
themontajew wrote:
6/10 The front wheel kills it. Those old zipp wheels are pretty weak at best. 4/10 if it's a sew up. They are cool for the track but for the street that's SKETCH. And I hate square taper anything, it's outdated crap.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/imjesusnailmeup/P1000519.jpgCurrently with a gold 30MM hplus son and chub hub front wheel. There's also a set of time clipless pedals on there too. I'm waiting on a gold set of race face cranks and chainring to be available to go with my shiny new king BB.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 18:38 Quote
photo

I want to get some new cranks pedals and rims

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 18:49 Quote
Kinetic-UK wrote:
themontajew wrote:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/imjesusnailmeup/P1000519.jpgCurrently with a gold 30MM hplus son and chub hub front wheel. There's also a set of time clipless pedals on there too. I'm waiting on a gold set of race face cranks and chainring to be available to go with my shiny new king BB.
Since AZ Freeride didnt rate yours, Ill do that! 6/10. If you had used the stock fork, it would look much better. And ditched the freeride cranks, and mismatched wheels. However your Frame and rear wheel are sweet! I really like the gold with the grey frame, and Chub Hubs are awesome!

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
o my bad haha i kinda rushed through the rules but i would say 7/10

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021352
Mobile Version of Website