King Kahuna or Jubei 1?

PB Forum :: 29ers
King Kahuna or Jubei 1?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 at 21:54 Quote
I am trying to decide between a King Kahuna or a Jubei 1. Both 2010
I currently own a 09 Big Unit and love it, but want another option with gears. My biggest reservation with the King Kahuna is the SLX brakes. I have tried shimanos in the past. Many many sets and generally have hated them all. Only the XT's that came on my 08 coil-air deluxe where any good.

So please chime in and help me out.

But dont suggest any other bikes. Just between these two

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
knighhit wrote:
I am trying to decide between a King Kahuna or a Jubei 1. Both 2010
I currently own a 09 Big Unit and love it, but want another option with gears. My biggest reservation with the King Kahuna is the SLX brakes. I have tried shimanos in the past. Many many sets and generally have hated them all. Only the XT's that came on my 08 coil-air deluxe where any good.

So please chime in and help me out.

But dont suggest any other bikes. Just between these two

I just bought a 09 Jubei and its alright so far, but the cranks are making a ticking noise and when the front derailer is on the small cog it rubs on the tire when you are torquing out. beware of these things. I am gonna get these things addressed or get bike changed out.

Posted: May 28, 2010 at 6:25 Quote
The ticking is probably the front derailer cable hitting the crank arm when it rotates, easy fix. And the front derailur rubbing on the tire is a matter of adjusting its angle and or low limit screw, things the shop should have set up before you took them home

Posted: Jun 8, 2010 at 7:49 Quote
Well I finally decided to just add an XX groupo to my Big Unit, only added .2 of a pound, and now I have 10 speeds.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007458
Mobile Version of Website