Single pivot vs. Dual pivot

PB Forum :: Downhill
Single pivot vs. Dual pivot
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
Its a single pivot because there is only one pivot point between the bottom bracket and the rear axle

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
what about this linkage driven single pivot???

photo

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
Alright, I will answer most basically as I can.

If the rear axle is connected to the frame by 1 piece of metal, 1 swingarm holding both rear wheel and a pivot directly connected to the frame, than it's a single pivot bike.

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 17:02 Quote
i want to know if the intense 951 is a single pivot because some guy said it was but im unsure about this and would like to know
photo

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
lol good one nz-ripn

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 22:33 Quote
xltrider wrote:
lol good one nz-ripn
you got a problem m8?

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 7:19 Quote
^^ I too would have claimed trollin'... But that is a multi-pivot set up.. in case you had not noticed the exceptional amount of pivots located... everywhere.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
nz-ripn wrote:
i want to know if the intense 951 is a single pivot because some guy said it was but im unsure about this and would like to know
photo

Facepalm Madder Dead Horse

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
Man this thread has given me a headache. So many misconceptions..

I have ridden most manufacturers designs out there and can see the differences in all and in the end i have always ridden and raced Orange single pivot bikes, mainly for there spot on geometry. And that works for me.

I think the main thing to remember, being single pivot, fsr, vpp etc.. is all have there benefits and negatives.
All ride differently, and in the end it comes down to what benefit you are looking for over another.
Also different manufacturers use these designs in different ways as well. And that brings on a whole new world of suspension design with shock rates (falling, rising), axle paths through to frame geometry, and the list goes on.. which obviously all affect how the bikes rides and handles.

Eg.
1: If you cant handle a little brake jack then you wouldn’t tend to go out and buy a single pivot would you?
2: If you wanted something with more wheel feedback/feel then you’d tend to not go for a VPP/4-bar..
3: And FSR tends to sit in between the 2.. (on the fence in my opinion).

Point i’m making is, there is a lot of hype out there as to what design is better. In reality every manufacturers frame rides differently and no design is better than the other because they all have compromises. I would say the FSR design is still the best all round design (design wise). Whether the chosen manufacturer can use that effectively is another story..

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 1:03 Quote
Speedgoat9 wrote:
nz-ripn wrote:
photo

ok dick face ill send you the link to the face book comments ae wanker!

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
nz-ripn wrote:
Speedgoat9 wrote:
nz-ripn wrote:
photo

ok dick face ill send you the link to the face book comments ae wanker!
here it is f*ck face
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo_comments.php?aid=21258&id=100000119095666

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 8:25 Quote
nz-ripn : take it down one serious notch. Apologize for being waaaay too rude.

The general statement, which everyone is conveying, is that the bike has a boatload of pivots, and as it has been said, the only thing you need to determine if its a single pivot is: if there is one single pivot between the rear wheel and the front triangle.

If there is more than one (aka, your multi pivot 951) then NO. The answer is NO.

Further more, a google search would tell you it's a virtual pivot design.

So, summary:

You asked a question that has been answered several times. This was put to your attention. You flipped out.

Apologize or I bring the ban hammer. There is no need to be this rude.

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 18:51 Quote
Thanks draco,

Apparently I'm an a-hole because the guy can't read a thread and comprehend the content. I guess ignorance is bliss...

Oh and NZ-rpin...your cove shocker is a SINGLE PIVOT

(lets see how long it takes him to get the sarcasim)Beer

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 19:24 Quote
Speedgoat9 wrote:
Thanks draco,

Apparently I'm an a-hole because the guy can't read a thread and comprehend the content. I guess ignorance is bliss...

Oh and NZ-rpin...your cove shocker is a SINGLE PIVOT

(lets see how long it takes him to get the sarcasim)Beer

I wasn't saying the intense was single pivot, I was asking, as stated in the link another person was saying it was single pivot! If you bothered to read the comments on the link then you would see why i was asking cause i wanted to prove him wrong but he wouldn't listen. So I came here to ask if it was single pivot as he was 100 percent sure it was but you people obviously just wanna laugh about it. ooh and at least I can ride unlike you all u have is pictures of your bike, not even riding it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039156
Mobile Version of Website