Are society forks made by rst suspension ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Are society forks made by rst suspension ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
one of my mates told me that society forks are made by rst. is this true?

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 12:43 Quote
jakeaylward wrote:

I'd say so...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38231

"Designed in UK, produced by RST"

Thats for the Society 4XR, i would think its the same for all Society forks.

Society is just a rebadged RST fork.

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
Society forks are made by RST and are based on the RST Launch fork platform, with modifcations to the damper and spring depending on "model"

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
Society forks are made by RST and are based on the RST Launch fork platform, with modifcations to the damper and spring depending on "model"

Do you mean RST Space fork ?

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
it used to be the RST Launch, may have change as Society's "range" developed

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 2:47 Quote
billcolwill wrote:
jakeaylward wrote:

I'd say so...

so do you reckon these will be as crap as the RST launch forks

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 2:51 Quote
jakeaylward wrote:
billcolwill wrote:
jakeaylward wrote:

I'd say so...

so do you reckon these will be as crap as the RST launch forks

there meant to be ok. look at sr suntour djd's at that price?

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 2:54 Quote
Sure its not going to have the plushness and quality of a Fox but you get what you pay for!

I know people that have used them for a year or so and had no problems...

At £150 you cant complain!

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 3:02 Quote
jessejones wrote:
Sure its not going to have the plushness and quality of a Fox but you get what you pay for!

I know people that have used them for a year or so and had no problems...

At £150 you cant complain!
get a pair of last years dj 3's an save some money

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 3:07 Quote
perp09 wrote:
get a pair of last years dj 3's an save some money

Id rather ride Society's over any recent DJ 3's though!

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 4:21 Quote
i cant find fault with my societys.

and they are made by "Dah Ken Industry Co. LTD Taiwan" who also own RST,

so saying they are just RST's beacuse they are made by the people who also make RST is a bit silly if you ask me.

Its like saying lamborghini are rubbish becasue they are owned by audi. (even though audis are still good, its the only example i could think of)

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 4:43 Quote
Society forks are made by RST. But then so are Fox. No point complaining about who makes the fork, it's the quality of the actual fork that matters. RST forks aren't bad because they are made by a particular company, they're bad because they have an awful design and are made at the lowest possible price, resulting in low quality. Society have a much better design, but from my experience the Xeno range are not reliable, haven't heard anything bad about the 4XR tough.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 4:48 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
Society forks are made by RST. But then so are Fox. No point complaining about who makes the fork, it's the quality of the actual fork that matters. RST forks aren't bad because they are made by a particular company, they're bad because they have an awful design and are made at the lowest possible price, resulting in low quality. Society have a much better design, but from my experience the Xeno range are not reliable, haven't heard anything bad about the 4XR tough.

Good point!

I think its just the lowers of Fox's that are made by RST, but like you say the quality of the material and design that makes a difference, not the name of the company!

I've heard that the Xeno's are more reliable than the 4X ones but maybe just people's personal preference, either way they are still good for a budget fork!

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 4:48 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:

just being picky but its only fox lowers which are made by RST.. EDIT someones beaten me too it. ^

but still your right in what your saying.

i use to have some Xeno when they first came out, blew the rebound somehow so i got a warranty pair and sold the new as asap.. then soon went be to some trusty argyles.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 4:56 Quote
billcolwill wrote:

i use to have some Xeno when they first came out, blew the rebound somehow so i got a warranty pair and sold the new as asap.. then soon went be to some trusty argyles.

Im on Argyles to, Ride park and DJ's like a dream!

Never used my society's but they're there just incase the Argyles do eventually give in!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011870
Mobile Version of Website