How to footjam tailwhip

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to footjam tailwhip
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
hey, i want to learn how to do this trick, but i have know idea where to even start. can you help me out?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 21:27 Quote
norco61 wrote:
hey, i want to learn how to do this trick, but i have know idea where to even start. can you help me out?

I want some tips as well, I have been trying for almost half a year with no results. Any help would be GREAT!

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 21:43 Quote

take your right foot over your toptube and press it HARD on your front tire behind the fork arch. then kick your bike with your left foot to your right (counter clockwise). try to keep balanced on your tire (easier said than done). wait for your bike to come around (you hve kick your bike pretty hard) then try and jump back on the pedals. it takes a long time to learn (i cant even get on the pedals most of the time). just be patient and consistent. Smile

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 21:53 Quote
^^^ i took that pic, and taught him how to do this trick!!!Big Grin ^^^ thats SICKTACULAR

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:05 Quote
THanks a lot for the picture. I am wondering if it matters weather you have right foot forward or left foot forward will that effect which way you spin it?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:07 Quote
you could spin it the other way if you are more comfortable balacing on your left and kicking with your right. (just reverse all the things i said)

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:17 Quote
butters88 wrote:
you could spin it the other way if you are more comfortable balacing on your left and kicking with your right. (just reverse all the things i said)

Ok thanks. Also, just wondering, how long did it take you to at least get everything down to the point where you could do one every now and then?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
about a week of everyday trying it for like a half hour each night. hard to balance then get over back on to the bike.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:21 Quote
butters88 wrote:
about a week of everyday trying it for like a half hour each night. hard to balance then get over back on to the bike.

Hmmmm... I see. What if you used a brake (I have a gyro)? Would that help with the balance?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 22:54 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
butters88 wrote:

Hmmmm... I see. What if you used a brake (I have a gyro)? Would that help with the balance?

well then it wouldnt really be a footjam tailwhip would it? lol, and what would you balance on when you kicked the frame? if you could kick teh frame like that.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 23:05 Quote
redbullit wrote:
butters88 wrote:

well then it wouldnt really be a footjam tailwhip would it? lol, and what would you balance on when you kicked the frame? if you could kick teh frame like that.

No I mean jam the foot AND brake so that you can ballance better...

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 1:31 Quote
I made that trick when i was 12 Beer But it was on bmx tho

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
redbullit wrote:

No I mean jam the foot AND brake so that you can ballance better...

oh, im not sure about that, go out and try it. i would but i only haev a back brake so i just do normal footjam twhips.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 18:06 Quote
Well i made some progress today (first time trying it) may major problem is pushing it hard enough to rotate all the way around. A few times i made grunting noises i pushed so hard and it only went about 320 degrees. I also have trouble because i have a tendensy to put my left foot down on the ground. Any tips?

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
well, it took me about a week before i got it, i used to do that too, i find that if u actually have a good speed its easier but nto too much or your back tire hits the ground when it gets to 180 degrees, and i try to actually move back and forth liek im actually trying to balance instead of just falling onto my other foot liek i did in the start.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009649
Mobile Version of Website