Can you fit a rear shock with more travel on a Big Hit 1 09 ?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Can you fit a rear shock with more travel on a Big Hit 1 09 ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
Can you fit a rear shock with more than the 6.75 travel stock one? Could I fit a Boxxer race to it too?

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
BertieK1 wrote:
Can you fit a rear shock with more than the 6.75 travel stock one? Could I fit a Boxxer race to it too?
absolutly... i just went through all of this w my bike. the stock shock size is 8.5 x 2.25. u need to put a shock on there that is 8.5 x 2.5. that will give u the full 7.5 inches of travel. and yes you can put on a boxxer, i did and it is awesome!

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 1:32 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
BertieK1 wrote:
absolutly... i just went through all of this w my bike. the stock shock size is 8.5 x 2.25. u need to put a shock on there that is 8.5 x 2.5. that will give u the full 7.5 inches of travel. and yes you can put on a boxxer, i did and it is awesome!

cheers Big Grin , does it cost a lot to get fitted? I know nothing of changing shocks or forks :S

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 1:56 Quote
BertieK1 wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
BertieK1 wrote:

cheers Big Grin , does it cost a lot to get fitted? I know nothing of changing shocks or forks :S
you buy the shock/fork and do it yourself, it's easy!

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 4:16 Quote
BertieK1 wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
BertieK1 wrote:

yea its not all that involved. U just need to buy the stuff. If u want shoot me a pm and ill further explain what u have to do. Its just a lot to post on here

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
BertieK1 wrote:
sdcrash wrote:

yea its not all that involved. U just need to buy the stuff. If u want shoot me a pm and ill further explain what u have to do. Its just a lot to post on here

Don't worry my best friend is selling his Bg Hit 2 09 cheap to me Big Grin DD IM SO HYPEDDD UP !!!

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
o good deal man. let me know what u think of it

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:37 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
o good deal man. let me know what u think of it

Suspension is SOO nice. The suspension is perfect, feels so good to be off my hardtail Smile Im guessing you can fit Boxxer race's on a Big hit II aswell hah Big Grin

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 5:15 Quote
o most definatly man. do u plan on ridding more DH or more like freeride?

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 12:39 Quote
Mostly downhill. Going Aston Hill tomorrow Big Grin

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
ok cool. then id def throw a boxxer on there. ull love it!

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
take a look at these and read the commentary:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4442260/
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4709237/

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 16:07 Quote
yeah bertie you can put a set of boxxers on, but you will need a new headset, i should be getting some boxxers for mine!

Posted: Sep 30, 2010 at 15:10 Quote
BertieK1 wrote:

Lol.Sure! My big hit frsr 2 2008 have a boxxer race 2010.THE ONLY thing u must carry is your headtube.Probably a 1 1/8 like mine.

For the shox i have the same question but with a big hit fsr2 2008

Thanks,
max

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 at 15:50 Quote
heyy what rear shock do you have ive got a 2010 bighit and have got 2011 boxxer races and am hoping to upgrade the rear shock what would any of u reccomend?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008445
Mobile Version of Website