What are some good headset for DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What are some good headset for DJ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 10:33 Quote
hey, I need info for new headset becasue recently i took my FSA pig headset appart on my DJ and the bearings fell out the cartrage, the cartrage was bent i did now what to do but bend it back lmao, and ride it again but now it rides sketchy, soo now i wants some good headset that i can take a look at: light durable and possibly sealed bearings.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 11:51 Quote
FSA PIG PRO DH (a more expensive, sealed bearing version of the Pig headset you had)

literally bombproof, well sealed and good value

if you want something more bling I'd personally recommend the Race Face Diablous headset, but be prepared to catch the lower bearing's outer race when you remove your fork for maintenance, as it tends to drop out of the headset Wink

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 16:53 Quote
I was looking for somthing lighter than the pig cause I got dj3 and they are weighing down the front end so I'm looking at a lighter headset, mayb a crankbrotherz, how are they?

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 19:15 Quote
Fire eye's are NOT good for DJs.... Cracked cup.... Light and DJ don't always go together, the weight on a strong head set is nothing worth worrying about in the grand scheme.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 2:01 Quote
chris king, they will never fail you and there bling

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 9:56 Quote
ricar wrote:
Fire eye's are NOT good for DJs.... Cracked cup.... Light and DJ don't always go together, the weight on a strong head set is nothing worth worrying about in the grand scheme.
true, its saving a few grams but that few grams would take a pound of your bike lmao

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 9:58 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
i recently spoke to a trials rider about chris king and he said there not that well for dj because they crack and loosen easily because of the different impact from dj, its better for dh, but chris kings are very nice and strong,

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
The last thing you want with a heavy fork is a lightweight headset, I'd go with the Pig DH Pro as Hampsteadbandit suggested.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 10:26 Quote
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
i recently spoke to a trials rider about chris king and he said there not that well for dj because they crack and loosen easily because of the different impact from dj, its better for dh, but chris kings are very nice and strong,
Chris Kings can be a good headset if you just replace the shitty compression ring that comes with it.
photo
Buuuuutttttt, as far as price and quality go, the others are correct that FSA Pig DH Pro would be your best bet.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
I was looking for somthing lighter than the pig cause I got dj3 and they are weighing down the front end so I'm looking at a lighter headset, mayb a crankbrotherz, how are they?

your fork is heavy, not the headset...a lighter headset won't make any real difference to weight, but will break!!

if you want a lighter front end, get a Rockshox Argyle 318 fork Wink

I would not use a King on any DJ bike or FR / DH bike

I had 2 Kings (bought them on their 'legendary' reputation) and broke both within 1 month - both had bearing failures, and distributor would not warranty them

King is GREAT for XC riders, but not for abusive riding

the lack of a separate compression ring and separate top-cap means it constantly works loose, creaks, and actually starts cutting a deep groove into your fork steerer tube - this is well documented on many bike forums Frown

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 16:23 Quote
what do i replace the compression ring with.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 16:36 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

your fork is heavy, not the headset...a lighter headset won't make any real difference to weight, but will break!!

I had 2 Kings (bought them on their 'legendary' reputation) and broke both within 1 month - both had bearing failures, and distributor would not warranty them

the lack of a separate compression ring and separate top-cap means it constantly works loose, creaks, and actually starts cutting a deep groove into your fork steerer tube - this is well documented on many bike forums Frown
ya i was thinking of that cause my seals on the dj3 are already going, and they are a piece of shit, haha, what would be better|? pike, argyle, or a fox.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 16:38 Quote
recklessness wrote:
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
Chris Kings can be a good headset if you just replace the shitty compression ring that comes with it.
photo
Buuuuutttttt, as far as price and quality go, the others are correct that FSA Pig DH Pro would be your best bet.
what do you replace the compression ring with

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 16:39 Quote
zofmg wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

ya i was thinking of that cause my seals on the dj3 are already going, and they are a piece of shit, haha, what would be better|? pike, argyle, or a fox.

2010 marzocchi 4x

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014113
Mobile Version of Website