What are some good headset for DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What are some good headset for DJ?
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
But then there is fox which is lightweight and strong, but I would like somthing to lighten up the front end, but everything is expensive and I'm low on cash soo it limits you.

i know exactly how you feel man, i wanted a fox 36 float (dont trust any fox 32 on a dirt jump bike (831 is too expensive) but it is 2 expensive and there isnt much choice as i just simlply dont like the arglys, i dont know y i guess i hate the pink 409 and then the others seem to cheap, + there are so many around now. so that leaves me with the 2010 4X at 5lbs.
ya i was looking at the talas 36 cause i think it was cheaper, but im looking around for a used pair but they are all like 350 to 400 to like 700 its wtf man they are 06, 07, 08,09, i can understand 09 but ohwell just keep looking.

yer i dont wanna buy used as my whole bike is new so far, bu im gonna give marzocchi a shot, because ive got some XC marzocchi bomber forks back from 2001 on my XC bike, they got around 8000K,s ib them, never had a service or oil change, stiff and fairly light for XC forks and i have just never had a problem with them, even though there 9 years old i feel no need to change them. so ive had good experiances with marzocchi.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:06 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:

i know exactly how you feel man, i wanted a fox 36 float (dont trust any fox 32 on a dirt jump bike (831 is too expensive) but it is 2 expensive and there isnt much choice as i just simlply dont like the arglys, i dont know y i guess i hate the pink 409 and then the others seem to cheap, + there are so many around now. so that leaves me with the 2010 4X at 5lbs.
ya i was looking at the talas 36 cause i think it was cheaper, but im looking around for a used pair but they are all like 350 to 400 to like 700 its wtf man they are 06, 07, 08,09, i can understand 09 but ohwell just keep looking.

yer i dont wanna buy used as my whole bike is new so far, bu im gonna give marzocchi a shot, because ive got some XC marzocchi bomber forks back from 2001 on my XC bike, they got around 8000K,s ib them, never had a service or oil change, stiff and fairly light for XC forks and i have just never had a problem with them, even though there 9 years old i feel no need to change them. so ive had good experiances with marzocchi.
haha, good luck with that fork maybe you should get it serviced, but yea i guess its becasue when marzochi was being manufactured in italy it was a way better fork but who knows

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:

haha, good luck with that fork maybe you should get it serviced, but yea i guess its becasue when marzochi was being manufactured in italy it was a way better fork but who knows

yer i keep thinking i should atleast change the oil. but the fork is so smooth and it just seems bombproof i accidently went of a 4 foot drop while doing XC (went down wrong path) and i landed front wheel first, bottomed it out, stacked and then i checked the fork and nothing happened no bent steerer or anything, i mean it is 4lbs which isnt light for a XC fork nowdays but it is 9 years old.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:

yer i keep thinking i should atleast change the oil. but the fork is so smooth and it just seems bombproof i accidently went of a 4 foot drop while doing XC (went down wrong path) and i landed front wheel first, bottomed it out, stacked and then i checked the fork and nothing happened no bent steerer or anything, i mean it is 4lbs which isnt light for a XC fork nowdays but it is 9 years old.
thats still pretty good cause fox is only a pound lighter, imagin that how light it is now and how light it was back in the day, soo marzocchi used to have a good rep, what happened????

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:22 Quote
im not sure, my dad swears by marzocchi and doesnt buy anything else and he's a top rider. in the house we have a total of 5 marzocchi forks on bikes and 1 spare marzocchi set and we have never had a problem with any of them, but our latest fork is sstill only 2007 so im not sure about the latest models, but i think ill give the 2010 4X a shot.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:25 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
im not sure, my dad swears by marzocchi and doesnt buy anything else and he's a top rider. in the house we have a total of 5 marzocchi forks on bikes and 1 spare marzocchi set and we have never had a problem with any of them, but our latest fork is sstill only 2007 so im not sure about the latest models, but i think ill give the 2010 4X a shot.
i guess it just they blow easily, maybe? and because so many ppl have them that when they break its like oh another shitty ass mazocchi again, but i also want to give the 4X a try.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:34 Quote
alright i just witness a whole shit loaod of ass talking here lets clear things up,

-831 is LESS than a float 32 new,
-marzo and RS use 32 mm stantions for there dj forks why wouldn't a fox work
-the 32 is fine if your not spinning huge or doing foot jams
-many shops will have 09 stuff in stock so go down and have a look around
-if you hate the purple 409 take the lowers off take the seals out, tape off the holes, sand and paint it w.e colour you want, hell even send them to be powder coated teh same colour as your frame
-even the 08 4x was amazing ask reck hes tough as balls on his and has never done any type of servicing on it still running fine
-09 4x still fine buddy has it works great
-10 4x we just staretd into the 2010 season who the hell REALLY knows how it preforms in the long term

-lastly dont be afraid to buy used, many deals a waiting out there
-try to buy from users who have sold alot of stuff so you they're reputable
-stay away from adds with no pictures or just internet pictures
-dont buy from poeple who just created their acc yesterday kinda sketchy
-try to buy local if possible so u can go check it out

and heres another bit of advice how much are you prepared to spend? you have to decide on a price point before you go looking. also how much adjust meant does a dj bike really need? rebound? and then figure out how u want your fork set up go online find service manual, change set up done. and what kind of person are you? set it and forget it? or do u like to fine tune for what your riding?

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:38 Quote
NWray wrote:
Wrong. I have the cracked arch and bent crown to back that up.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
NWray wrote:
alright i just witness a whole shit loaod of ass talking here lets clear things up,

-831 is LESS than a float 32 new,
-marzo and RS use 32 mm stantions for there dj forks why wouldn't a fox work
-many shops will have 09 stuff in stock so go down and have a look around
-if you hate the purple 409 take the lowers off take the seals out, tape off the holes, sand and paint it w.e colour you want, hell even send them to be powder coated teh same colour as your frame
-even the 08 4x was amazing ask reck hes tough as balls on his and has never done any type of servicing on it still running fine
-09 4x still fine buddy has it works great
-10 4x we just staretd into the 2010 season who the hell REALLY knows how it preforms in the long term

-lastly dont be afraid to buy used, many deals a waiting out there
-try to buy from users who have sold alot of stuff so you they're reputable
-stay away from adds with no pictures or just internet pictures
-dont buy from poeple who just created their acc yesterday kinda sketchy
-try to buy local if possible so u can go check it out

and heres another bit of advice how much are you prepared to spend? you have to decide on a price point before you go looking. also how much adjust meant does a dj bike really need? rebound? and then figure out how u want your fork set up go online find service manual, change set up done. and what kind of person are you? set it and forget it? or do u like to fine tune for what your riding?

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:42 Quote
recklessness wrote:
NWray wrote:

unless you're reck and tough as balls on ur shitRolleyes forgot about that incident

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
NWray wrote:
recklessness wrote:
NWray wrote:

unless you're reck and tough as balls on ur shitRolleyes forgot about that incident
Tom cracked the arch. I bent the crown. I hope to god they made the 831 crown stronger than the Float crown.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:45 Quote
i never said anything bad about a 32, casue i havent heard much about them

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:47 Quote
recklessness wrote:
NWray wrote:
recklessness wrote:

Tom cracked the arch. I bent the crown. I hope to god they made the 831 crown stronger than the Float crown.

knowing fox they wont until they have to warranty more than 250 of them.....

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 21:48 Quote
recklessness wrote:
photo
cant you get a mod or somthin to delete post or forums that went in the wrong direction?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015942
Mobile Version of Website