Why is my rear wheel doing this!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Why is my rear wheel doing this!
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 13:18 Quote
Loose weight = loose wheel, gain weight=keep wheel, you choose

listen to this advice!!

when "weight savings" come at the cost of "durability" or "function", you've got it all wrong

adding 50gms-100gms on the rear axle by using a steel skewer is not going to have any negative attributes, compared to a marginally lighter setup that constantly slips

I can think of literally a dozen guys who have come into my bike store with this issue, I have removed their alloy / titanium skewer, and installed a cheap Shimano / Campag or Formula steel skewer, and they have not come back Wink

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:24 Quote
what if i made it interesting and said it only seems to happen when i lock up my brake? Razz or if i accidentally don't bring a whip back enough lol knocked it back into alignment then tightened up and it hasn't moved since even when locking up :s vry confused now lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:33 Quote
basically your wheel should not move at all...I would not ride ANY bike that has wheels that move in the frame or fork dropouts Wink

when you use your rear disc brake, you are putting up to 400nm of torque through that area, its a hell of a lot!

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
well it ain't moving just now and i'm happy and used to temperamental bikes anyway i replaced an eyelet busing on my 2002 big hit frame witha strip of black bag and ducktape once Big Grin rode y big hit single speed once because the mech was f*cked Big Grin and also hucked at a quarry with only my easiest gear working, that looked funny getting speed lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
well as long as you are happy, then I am happy!

that is all that matters - being happy with your bike Smile

because its all about having confidence in your equipment Wink

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008017
Mobile Version of Website