1st time at a uci mtb race, help !

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
1st time at a uci mtb race, help !
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
alright, im going to the uci xc cup next sunday and just wondered what you would take as in gear, i was thinking, wide angle lense fitted to 18-55mm lense? and im not sure on a wireless flash, i know its a silly question but are you aloud to take them? i dont want to blind some random rider, would you have it off camera or on, i dont want to leave it laying around if theres alot of people there also, this is my 1st time shooting at an event, any tips? cheers Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 23:57 Quote
Ryan327 wrote:
alright, im going to the uci xc cup next sunday and just wondered what you would take as in gear, i was thinking, wide angle lense fitted to 18-55mm lense? and im not sure on a wireless flash, i know its a silly question but are you aloud to take them? i dont want to blind some random rider, would you have it off camera or on, i dont want to leave it laying around if theres alot of people there also, this is my 1st time shooting at an event, any tips? cheers Smile

Don't worry about blinding riders - they don't see flashes.

A WA lens plus something like a 55-200 or 70-200 would be ideal.

Simple rules are stand in safe places, listen to the marshals. Under no circumstances stand in the taped off areas, even if you see other photographers there. It's at least impolite and disrectful and at worst dangerous to you and the riders.

Personally I shoot off camera flash mostly, but occasionally leave it on if conditions are very dark and I need to shoot multiple positions in quick succession.

Check out my site at www.nzsnaps.com... LOTS of MTB stuff there.

Cheers -

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
there is a course walk video for the dalby world cup on youtube, i suggest watching it, i can't remember when i found the link. There are some nice technical sections and other elbows out fighting sections which should prove interesting to photograph. take spare batteries, cards, transparent plastic bags for wrapping stuff up if it rains.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.095132
Mobile Version of Website