Is it worth buying a new bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Is it worth buying a new bike?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 16:48 Quote
right now i have a 2006 shore 3. is it worth it for me to buy a new shore or stinky or should i just upgrade the bike i have now?

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
Depends what you plan to upgrade? If you're planning to change everything but the frame, you'd probably be able to pick up a new bike for less.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 18:36 Quote
i would upgrade my forks to 888's put some avid brakes on and put a sram derailleur on.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 19:49 Quote
Depending on which models you're looking at those upgrades are going cost anywhere from slightly less than a new Shore 3 to slightly over.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 21:04 Quote
Same question, sorta. I have an 2008 Stanky, I do the usual FR/Slopestyle. Should I buy a tranny bottlerocket for more slopestle oriented riding, or upgrade the bike I have for slopestyle? I am sort of stuck here.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
bottlerocket
Yeah, found one for 900 near my place

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 21:16 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
bottlerocket
in what condition?! what parts?!

that sounds damn good!

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
louiscritchie wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
bottlerocket
in what condition?! what parts?!

that sounds damn good!

I know. I read it, said, "what the b*lls" out loud, and then figured it was too good to be true. Its an 08, probably had some wear and tear, might try to downsell him if the shock isnt Fox. (it better be)

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 at 21:07 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
Same question, sorta. I have an 2008 Stanky, I do the usual FR/Slopestyle. Should I buy a tranny bottlerocket for more slopestle oriented riding, or upgrade the bike I have for slopestyle? I am sort of stuck here.

Buy a new bike

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 12:45 Quote
I would buy a new bike

your 2006 Shore is now 4+ years old, and aluminium alloy frames tend to fatigue within a few years, if you are riding hard, and riding regularly

I would not invest any money in "upgrading" your Shore, unless you are the original owner, and NORCO are prepared to offer a lifetime warranty on your bike frame - something to bear in mind with this, is that if you crack a frame and they offer you a different model, some of your parts may be obsolete like crankset (width) and rear wheel (width / bolt-through)

really, decide what kind of bike will suit the kind of riding you are NOW doing

you may find a more modern setup suits you better...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008757
Mobile Version of Website