what kind of fork should i get for dj and street?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
what kind of fork should i get for dj and street?
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 8:50 Quote
the marrzocchi(sp?) dj series has held up really good for me

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 18:02 Quote
No dude, don't get a Pike, go with the Argyle from Rock Shox. Pikes aren't built to last for street,park and DJ.

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
I would say a pike if your looking for 130 and if you want to lower it or raise you can which is always sick

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 18:18 Quote
so now im stuck between the argyle and a pike...which one would suit dj/street and which one is in my price range (now $900-1000)

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 18:35 Quote
get the argyle man

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
The Argyle is meant for street and dirtjumping, the Pike is actually meant for trail riding. Go with the Argyle.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 0:24 Quote
cdavis wrote:
The Argyle is meant for street and dirtjumping, the Pike is actually meant for trail riding. Go with the Argyle.

yes, and regins are meant for "argressive trails"

the pike is a wicked fork for some one who likes to fiddle and dial in there ride even with street and DJ's if not the argyle 318 will be more then good, or if your a heavier rider as the pikes are not as strong.

Fox 36 talas would still be a wicked choice as well.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 8:56 Quote
the new argyles are very good, marzocchi dirt jumpers are bomb proof, jus dont get a manipoo!

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
giantboypat wrote:
the new argyles are very good, marzocchi dirt jumpers are bomb proof, jus dont get a manipoo!

manitou i snot a horrible company their higher end stuff such as the Travis and the former dorados and shermans are very good forks as well as the gold labels.

if you dont need bump sensitivity go with a gold label if you do get the argyle stay away from the dirt jumpers

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 9:08 Quote
marzocchi have been doing dj's for years, but i have argyles on my plan b and they are soooooooooooo smooooooooooooth and have great adjustability on them.

i have the 409's : motion control, rebound and floodgate adjustments are amazing not to mention they are solo air forks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
you got $700 to spend? i'd get a gold label, pike, or argyle. can't go wrong.

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 14:44 Quote
totally NOT DIRTJAM PRO'S!!!
we have broken 3 sets of them on our hairdtails!!!!
big cracks where the stantions join the crowns
theyre just uttter crap! lol

Posted: Sep 29, 2007 at 15:27 Quote
i would sugest the argyle or a nice dj1 or somthin like that. i have an argyle 409 if oyur interested. they are great forks that are very adjustible. so ether one of those forks are great. i think the argyle is a bit lighter than the dj but who knows i hvant paid much atention to the new forks since i got this one.

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
What fork did you end up buying?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013523
Mobile Version of Website