Banshee Scythe vs. Santa Crus Driver 8?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Banshee Scythe vs. Santa Crus Driver 8?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 17:14 Quote
Which bike would you choose for bike park riding and some DH racing?

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 18:03 Quote
I'd go with the Scythe. It's way lighter and has much better dh oriented geo. I've ridden both and the Driver 8 feels a bit slugish. The Scythe feels quick and nimble!

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 18:46 Quote
jackthemaniac wrote:
I'd go with the Scythe. It's way lighter and has much better dh oriented geo. I've ridden both and the Driver 8 feels a bit slugish. The Scythe feels quick and nimble!

I second this. The Driver 8 is built for big riders.

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
Ya the Scyth seems nicer.I haven't ridden either though.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
Santa Cruz. With a Z.

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 9:03 Quote
i would go with scythe because i love basnshee bikes, it looks beter than driver 8, it has ajustable travel, it pedals realy good and you can get it anodised wich is way better than regular paint. so my vote goes for banshee scythe.
p.s. sorry for bad english

FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 9:07 Quote
iamluke wrote:
i would go with scythe because i love basnshee bikes, it looks beter than driver 8, it has ajustable travel, it pedals realy good and you can get it anodised wich is way better than regular paint. so my vote goes for banshee scythe.
p.s. sorry for bad english
keep in mind the driver 8 also has an anodized finish-as a general question, would you spend the money to get anodized paint?

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
if it would be custom paintjob, maybe i would spend money for that, but banshee anodized coat cost same as powdercoat, just banshee's powdercoat from what i heard sucks, it just chips realy easily, and anodized version is about 150grams lighter than powdercoated.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
the anodised Scythe would be a better choice than a painted Scythe - the ano finish is much more durable to crash damage and even cable rub, and its lighter and costs exactly the same as a painted Scythe - win, win Wink

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 17:04 Quote
Yeah. The Scythe is the way to go. I have a Driver 8 and they are horrible for park, alright for dh though. You should also have a look at getting an Intense Slopestyle ( I have ordered one to replace the Driver Cool . I rode one of my mates and they feel sick.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 1:02 Quote
i just got a scythe and i can't recommend it enough for freeride/downhill riding. this thing f'n rails.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009958
Mobile Version of Website