I carnt decide between building a custom bmx or buying a complete can someone give me advice?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
I carnt decide between building a custom bmx or buying a complete can someone give me advice?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 20:46 Quote
so i wanta new bmx shud i buy a complete or build a custom?

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
If you have the cash,go custom.

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
how much you talking $1000?

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 21:04 Quote
I mtb only, I know next to nothing about BMX (except that girls jeans seem to be required nowadays).

On a mountain bike building up a frame custom is always better but more expensive. If you hand pick each part to the exact specification/fit you prefer then you have a bike that is super dailed for your riding style and your trails. This is not true with a stock bike, even though stock usually have decent specs. Plus you can always do the crazy colors on a custom build.

If you have cash to splash then custom the sh*t out of it. If you're on a budget then you have to settle for a stock bike, and just ride it and have fun.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 16:33 Quote
plan out your build before you do it though. Take into account every single thing (shipping, spokes, bottom bracket, headset, brake cable, etc.)

Posted: May 1, 2010 at 4:50 Quote
yeh custom is good... im getting back into bmx so i dint want to spend a huge amount incase i didnt stick to it again, so i bought the stolen sinner, few mods such as seat and brakes and swapped out with some profile cranks i already had... so i only spent like $850, theres a site that has custom builds already done, there great! www.strictlybmx.com have a look! but like i said, it depends on wether u think u'll stick with it long enough, u can always upgrade parts when they break anyway.

Posted: May 1, 2010 at 8:08 Quote
westislandbiker wrote:
lol at brake cable

well not everyone is brakeless.........

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.128244
Mobile Version of Website