Show off your dirt jumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Show off your dirt jumps
Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
<Deleted photo>
yo so smooth but wouldn' that landing be a liitle hard?

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 16:02 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
<Deleted photo>

This kid's a legend grave-digging the same thread twice lol

Posted: Mar 8, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
chrisclifford wrote:
Ryan-L wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
<Deleted photo>

Haha I'll help out
Finally finished the landing and have since added a whale tail pictures coming soon
Finished up the landing for now also have since built a whale tail after the landing
photo

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
PivotPoint1 wrote:
chrisclifford wrote:
Ryan-L wrote:

Haha I'll help out
Finally finished the landing and have since added a whale tail pictures coming soon
Finished up the landing for now also have since built a whale tail after the landing
photo

Where's the whale tale? I've been waiting for like a year... lol

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
<Deleted photo>

You're supposed to land in the puddle, which should soften the blow significantly.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
I have some pretty serious progress on my dirt jumps... it got dark on me, so I couldn't take any photos ... will get some tomorrow. The news: 12ft tall roll-in ramp with an 8ft long, 8ft radius curve at the bottom that changes you from 60 degrees to flat. The idea was to build a removable drop in ramp, so it is designed like a giant ladder that should break down in about 10 minutes.

Also rebuilt one takeoff (moved it back a foot), the landing before it (made it about 3ft taller). Now I need to rebuild the takeoff before it, and resurface the two jumps ahead of it.

The concept of my jumps is that I'm digging into a hillside on an old maple syrup gathering trail. The trail is a bit too flat, so on the later 4 jumps, I am only digging down. And on the first 4 jumps, I am only building up (wheelbarrowing the dirt over from the later side).

The cool thing is that once the first 4 jumps are rebuilt, I will have another jump built.

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 18:22 Quote
Seeing these makes me so jealous, I live in the in Montreal so there's not much here, and absolutely nowhere to build. Anyways, keep the pics coming guys!

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
I have some pretty serious progress on my dirt jumps... it got dark on me, so I couldn't take any photos ... will get some tomorrow. The news: 12ft tall roll-in ramp with an 8ft long, 8ft radius curve at the bottom that changes you from 60 degrees to flat. The idea was to build a removable drop in ramp, so it is designed like a giant ladder that should break down in about 10 minutes.

Also rebuilt one takeoff (moved it back a foot), the landing before it (made it about 3ft taller). Now I need to rebuild the takeoff before it, and resurface the two jumps ahead of it.

The concept of my jumps is that I'm digging into a hillside on an old maple syrup gathering trail. The trail is a bit too flat, so on the later 4 jumps, I am only digging down. And on the first 4 jumps, I am only building up (wheelbarrowing the dirt over from the later side).

The cool thing is that once the first 4 jumps are rebuilt, I will have another jump built.

Shows how narrow the first take off still is
Shows how much work is still needed to make jump 1 look like an actual dirt jump. This is after either 50 or 100 wheelbarrows of dirt on the berm and landing.
The drop in ramp is in the background. Need to make the takeoff to 2 more like a whaletale so that the rider can make it over the gap to the landing of 2 not pictured more easily.
New Landing is to height and almost to width. Old takeoff looks very ... inadequate and small.

Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 6:02 Quote
tots242 wrote:
photo

mine r better

is that a cat on the jump?

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 11:57 Quote
So i had been tipped off by the old couple who live next to me of some jumps that they walk past all the time in the local area..

so i went to have a look and found a set of very mossy old jumps with an amazing flow line completely abondend... well the local kids have lit fires around there but no one has ridden them in ages...

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

having not ridden dirt jumps in years i got all excited at finding these and set to work renewing them..

some photos so far of how much i have done.

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
timwestwood wrote:
So i had been tipped off by the old couple who live next to me of some jumps that they walk past all the time in the local area..

so i went to have a look and found a set of very mossy old jumps with an amazing flow line completely abondend... well the local kids have lit fires around there but no one has ridden them in ages...

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

having not ridden dirt jumps in years i got all excited at finding these and set to work renewing them..

some photos so far of how much i have done.

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

old trails made new
  old trails made new

Those look sick! Keep it up!

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
here is our Secret Trail that we try are building at the moment. so much good ideas from here
https://youtu.be/4MYg3hxBk7Y

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
That's RaD,; they have been hard packed for quite some time! Kool

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
Jusdrug wrote:
here is our Secret Trail that we try are building at the moment. so much good ideas from here

Just a suggestion, try to where possible avoid using wood (logs/branches etc.) as it will rot a lot quicker than you realise and then cave in when you least expect it. It’s a lot more time consuming using dirt but has a much longer life. Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 6:53 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
Jusdrug wrote:

Just a suggestion, try to where possible avoid using wood (logs/branches etc.) as it will rot a lot quicker than you realise and then cave in when you least expect it. It’s a lot more time consuming using dirt but has a much longer life. Smile

+1 on that. If you are going to use wood make sure they’re quite large logs. Smaller stuff like that will rot surprisingly quickly

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038780
Mobile Version of Website