Devinci Frantik 2

PB Forum :: Devinci
Devinci Frantik 2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:17 Quote
I am thinking about getting this bike. Does anyone know about the breaking history? The frame does not look overly beefy. Info on how it jumps would also be helpful. Any other comments are appreciated.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.devinci.ca/web/image/Velo_2008/images/bikes/zoom/STH-FRAN2-copy.jpg

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 13:38 Quote
There's no doubt about the quality of this frame. Even though the bike doesn't look overbuilt, this one gonna last longer than you think. This bike also have a lifetime warranty and numbers of little things that make the bike very strong.

If you are going to ride this bike in the park, you surely gonna love the ride. The center of gravity is fairly low and the rear end stiff enough to make big stunts look easy!

Go with this bike without hesitation...

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 20:00 Quote
yea bro im riding a 2007 frantik right now and its a great bike i don't think you will be disappointed with it, and how can you beat a life time warranty!

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
I've seen footage of Mike Kinrade and Gerrette Buhler spinning drops, riding big mountains and sending it in general with out a whimper. I rocked a Hectik and just kept making it more and more freeride and it kept allowing me to push my own limits and this is its big brother.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:25 Quote
hey thanks brule. you said you rode a hectik. how does it preform up on the mountain. I plan to go to mt. washington a lot and plan to beat the bike up a bit.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:52 Quote
the Hectik was awesome and mine started out as an XC/All mountain ride and eventually I had one ring and 8" brakes on it-haha! But really the big brother to it is the Frantic and it should kick ass up at Mount Washington. Talk to Brent at Mountain City Cycle in Courtenay and see what he thinks would best fit you and that riding area, but I'd put my money on the Frantic.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 at 23:19 Quote
My buddy demoed one for a few days... he said it was pimp, dj'ed it, hucked it, trails, everything. you'll probably never bottom this thing out. you can't lose.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
Hi guys,
Getting Frantik 2. Everything is sorted but the only stop is frame size!!!
Was asking guys before but still cant make a decision!!!Madder
Im 6.2" (189cm). Inside leg 34-35...
Please anyone who rides or knows anything that could help!!!

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:26 Quote
davith501 wrote:
Hi guys,
Im 6.2" (189cm)...

how does the toptube measure up if its close then worry about frame size.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
top tube difference between M and L is 0.7in (about 2cm) that not much...

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 7:49 Quote
i was looking at the 19 inch frantik 3 im 6.3 with 34 inch inside leg,but i prefer shorter seattubes,i.e 18 inch frame.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
davith501 wrote:
Hi guys,
Im 6.2" (189cm). Inside leg 34-35...
i'm 6ft and i rode a small...but i like small bikes
i'd go medium if i were you, but if you like bigger bikes, go large

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 8:25 Quote
Thats the thing...only ST is 2in (5cm)longer
others WB 0.8in (2.1cm)
TT 0.7in (2cm)
Looking at numbers hard to imagine frame being much bigger.
Other thing I'd be getting it from UK so no chance to sit on it firstSmile ...
And then if I get the wrong one will be too much hassle to exchange (time and all that)Smile ...
Sorry for being so pickyConfused

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
I'm 5-11 and ride the medium. It's a big bike. I've spent some time on the small and it was great, but a little cramped for pedaling. I suspect that the large would be insanely big on me.. but as someone above pointed out, the large and medium aren't that much different.

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
Ok. I decided! I'll go for largeSmile ...
Was measuring for about an hourBig Grin ...and think will feel better on large oneSmile
Thanks for all your help guys!
Salute

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013165
Mobile Version of Website