P2 Cromo or Blk Mrkt Riot?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
P2 Cromo or Blk Mrkt Riot?
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:54 Quote
you end up spending moneny on parts then the bike cost it is better to build a costom bike with nice parts it will save you money in the long run.tup

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:57 Quote
The Riot frame has the same proven geometry as the sought after Mob, but the use of a 725 chromo tubeset makes it a bit more cost efficient and a more likely choice for someone who wants to ride a high quality bike on a tight budget. S&M oversees all operations at Black Market, so you know you can expect quality from any of their frames. It also has horizontal dropouts, an integrated headset, and a choice in top tube length. Over all for a $400 frame its f*ckin' worth it. The frame also weighs in at just under 6lbs. If you were really interested in the P2 and have the cash I would recommend the aluminum version with some upgrades of course (i.e. singlespeed, new wheelset, fork, etc...). But all in all the Riot is probably your better value and definitely look into the Mob if money isn't that much of an object. Hope this helps.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:00 Quote
agreed but DO NOT GET ANY OF THE P. BIKES THEY SUCK

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:01 Quote
its not that they suck just the black market is better

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:03 Quote
P bikes dont suck... i have owned both. i had my p1 forever because i couldnt find a bike with better geometry, until i rode a mob.

i like the mob/riot better, but p bikes are not bad.

photo

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:03 Quote
They suck if you can ride at all or if you like to do bike freeride line and try new stuff

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:06 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
They suck if you can ride at all or if you like to do bike freeride line and try new stuff

not even they are pretty good bikes, but for whatever reason you dont like them

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 19:08 Quote
they jusst have horible parts but i gess the frames are fine if you do a coustom build kit

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:21 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
they jusst have horible parts but i gess the frames are fine if you do a coustom build kit
I hade my p.2 short frame under 33 pounds geared and it was an awesome bike did 12 ft ladder drops on the damn thing and freeride stepdowns and box jump hits all day...It was an ok bike for a big bike company frame there is just no comparing a big company frame to a premium frame like the mob.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:26 Quote
CalpolyBitch wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
I hade my p.2 short frame under 33 pounds geared and it was an awesome bike did 12 ft ladder drops on the damn thing and freeride stepdowns and box jump hits all day...It was an ok bike for a big bike company frame there is just no comparing a big company frame to a premium frame like the mob.

Hey, even though I said the Riot would be the better choice, I'm not gonna bash the P2 either. Uh...I do ride one. But then again, as many people have stated to me, it's not your average P2. Bottom line: if you're gonna get a P2 you've gotta take the frame for what it is and customize it otherwise. Stock it sucks, but custom it can be f*ckin' awesome.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
I liked my p.2 also that is until i rode a mob and an NS. The frame has decent geometry and can be a good bike built up properly (mine was). They just fall short of the awesomeness of a frame with balls short chain stays.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
then you might as well buy the p.3 frame and then build it up.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:38 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
then you might as well buy the p.3 frame and then build it up.

Whatever, any of the P. Bike frames make an awesome custom build. They all have the same geometry. DJ is a matter or finding the frame with the right geometry for your riding style and making it your own. And when you do that your bike is golden. For me it just happened to be a P2. And for this thread it sounds like a Riot will accomplish that goal.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015845
Mobile Version of Website