P2 Cromo or Blk Mrkt Riot?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
P2 Cromo or Blk Mrkt Riot?
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
I cant believe your even comparing these two bikes , hands down BLK MRKT RIOT!!!!!! I have the mob which is te same geo only the riot is made with cheaper material and I caN honestly say Ive never ridden such an amazing hardtail. Decline magazine declared the Mob " the best Hardtail they have EVER tested". they are te exact same bike but the riot is .5 lb heavier. GET THE RIOT YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
free629ride wrote:
I cant believe your even comparing these two bikes , hands down BLK MRKT RIOT!!!!!! I have the mob which is te same geo only the riot is made with cheapermaterial and I ca honestly say ve never ridde such an amazing hardtail. Decine magazine declared the Mob " the best Hardtail they have EVER tested". they are te exact same bike but the riot is .5 lb heavier. GET THE RIOT YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!

Agreed. As I said in my initial post, the Riot is a much better choice. I just didn't feel like totally bashing my own bike in the process. But ignore that. lol.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
then you might as well buy the p.3 frame and then build it up.

excluding the cromo and other ones all the P bikes are the same frame just different components

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
agreed but DO NOT GET ANY OF THE P. BIKES THEY SUCK

no they really dont. they have the best geometry of a big name company dirt frame. yeah there not as good as a black mrkt but they defiently dont suck. im pretty sure your the only person ive heard say that before

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:06 Quote
britboxxer wrote:
dher0521 wrote:

no they really dont. they have the best geometry of a big name company dirt frame. yeah there not as good as a black mrkt but they defiently dont suck. im pretty sure your the only person ive heard say that before

Thats why a number of us have claifyed things following that ridiculous comment. lol.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:10 Quote
skatefreak282 wrote:
britboxxer wrote:
dher0521 wrote:

Thats why a number of us have claifyed things following that ridiculous comment. lol.

yeah i know but it pissed me off so i felt the need to add

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 at 21:15 Quote
yeah. the p. bikes are definitly one of the best big production jumpers. black markets are sick if you can afford them. but for the rest of us, the p's are just fine.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
is this a joke if not go with the riot

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
my mates just bought a p2 chromo like an hour ago it look allright it heavey t5hough

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
Yeah this threads kind of over i have a P1

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
went on a little blash on the p2 today the drop off forks an awefull far to heavey in feel like shit the brake also hold it back to but sort that out and it wont be to bad.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 4:36 Quote
Riot all the way with bmx cranks and internal headset. You bike will be so;id as a rockBig Grin

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
skatefreak282 wrote:
The Riot frame has the same proven geometry as the sought after Mob, but the use of a 725 chromo tubeset makes it a bit more cost efficient and a more likely choice for someone who wants to ride a high quality bike on a tight budget. S&M oversees all operations at Black Market, so you know you can expect quality from any of their frames. It also has horizontal dropouts, an integrated headset, and a choice in top tube length. Over all for a $400 frame its f*ckin' worth it. The frame also weighs in at just under 6lbs.

Not entirely. S&M only manufacturers the Mob frame for BlkMrkt while the .357 and the Riot are completely made overseas. Agreed on everything else.

Quite simply the P frames are decent. But that is all they really are. Mass produced decent frames/bikes. By decent I am referring to both quality and geometry. BlkMrkt offers a higher end frame. The grade of tubing is better and the geometry is better. You can debate which company offers better parts on the completes.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
The Specialized completes, in my experience, have gone from passable (2005) to downright unsafe (2008 ). It's a shame, because the 2009 geometry is truly amazing, anyone who rides an 09 P3 with decent parts will leave with a different impression of Specialized.

Nod still goes to the Riot, I think.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
riot, i have one and i love it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016208
Mobile Version of Website