News Source: Eric Schutt
It’s lighter, more precise and ultimately faster. Increased confidence and control with decreased weight.
The most successful downhill fork of all time is now all new for the first time in its storied history.Lighter
- Lighter is always better. BoXXer achieves its light weight through a detailed study of where the actual forces are applied on a DH fork. By using the larger 35mm upper tubes to carry the strength, the steerer tube can be lightened. Maximizing the material properties of the upper tubes allows the tubes to be thin and strong. BoXXer’s new forged crowns use less material on the arms, while maintaining strength and stiffness by incorporating trussing. The new MaxleTM Lite DH pulls out 28g while being more robust than its predecessor. Add all this to a new spring and damper featuring aluminum shafting to create the ultimate light weight DH fork.Maxle Lite DHMore Precise
- A new 35mm chassis creates the perfect stiffness balance for Downhill riding. Turn the bars and the BoXXer will go where you want. Hit a bump and the fork will move into its suspension movement instead deflecting and providing too much feedback to your hands. Maxle Lite DH allows for greater expansion forces, creating a more robust junction from wheel to fork. The perfect balance equals more precision.Mission Control DH with High and Low Speed Compression AdjustFaster
- Increased Control – The new Mission Control DH with Dual Flow adjust compression and rebound provides the ability to get Velcro® like front wheel traction. Dial in detailed settings for all riding conditions and styles through external adjustments for high and low speed compression and beginning and ending stroke rebound. Mission Control DH’s high displacement, shimmed valving allows for a butter smooth transition between circuits, giving the BoXXer that “stuck to the ground” feeling.Mission Control DH with Beginning and Ending Stroke Rebound Adjust
BlackBox® riders consistently ask for spring curves that have an increased ending ramp, helping them to keep from hitting bottom. To help the fastest riders in the world become faster the new BoXXer has two new systems to create an increased ending ramp, air volume adjust on Solo AirTM and Drop Stop for the Team coil.Sag Gradients
Solo Air w/air volume adjust – by changing the volume of the solo air spring chamber the amount of ending
ramp can be changed. Depressurize the solo air, turn the air volume adjust clockwise, re-pressurize and
you’ve increased your ending ramp. DropStop – featured in the BoXXer Team uses a MCU in the center of the spring to smooth the transition between the spring rate and the bottom out pad. Turn the adjuster on the top of the left leg and change how soon the DropStop kicks in.Air Volume AdjusterBorn from BlackBox®
- What better way to put a new product thru it’s paces, than to let the worlds fastest racers race on it? RockShox historically has the fastest racers on the globe, but only the most elite make up the BlackBox Racing squad. Sam Hill, Greg Minnaar, Steve Peat and Nathan Rennie raced on preproduction BoXXer forks this year, and their direct feedback went straight back into the development team. In fact, the BlackBox BoXXer podiumed at every race this year, and won the first race it ever entered (Sam Hill at Worlds test event) and has won 5 out of 6 World Cups so far (Hill 2 and Minnaar 3).
Steve Peat, “The first time I got to ride the new BoXXer was in Spain in February 2008 and I couldn’t believe how RockShox could have improved on something already so good! The fork was lighter which I noticed straight away and then once I got a few runs in I realized how well I was turning and how easily I could stick the front end on to any line I chose. I think most of this came from the stiffness gained from the 35mm stanchions. Since the first time I tested, we have been able to improve on settings at each race so the fork has gone from strength to strength. Thanks BlackBox team, another job well done.”Direct Mount Stem
Greg Minnaar, “The new BoXXer is stiffer, lighter, plusher, and easy to adjust...the perfect combination
to be fast.” In Action
Sam Hill, “The new BoXXer feels excellent through corners and G outs and feels smooth the
whole way through the travel.”
Nathan Rennie, “When I first saw the new BoXXer, I had a grin from ear to ear. It just looked right and I couldn’t wait to get it on the track. I went all out and could feel the difference even on the first run. Over that day, my confidence and line selection became unreal and I simply didn’t want to give it back.”
Simply put, BoXXer has enjoyed a long history of racing and winning. Since 1997, BoXXer has earned 56 World Cup Downhill victories, and 346 Top 5 podiums.What’s New?
• 35mm Chassis
• Mission Control DH
• Maxle Lite DH
• Air Volume Adjust (World Cup)
• DropStop (Team)
• Direct Mount Stem compatibleAvailable early 2009
That's funny, putting half the name on the stanchion, so after a year of use, it'll only be half the boxxer it used to be! LMFAO
Rock on Rockshox.
(if you spend as much as that fork will cost. i would hope you have the adjustment knobs memorized... but i still love the simplicity of the labels.)
i have boxxer team 08's and thay feel sweet so i cant see how they could improve something like the worldcups!!
well done rockshox/blackbox
Â£899.99 for the WC. I think i will have to settle for the team model or i wont be able to get my other up-grades if i get the WC. =(
Second thought: Pure sex. Must have.
Third thought: ...
I had a Fox 40 on my basket and am now replacing it...
i know thats probs me being dumb...
but i want to buy it like now
love it! i'll be waiting!