After a long development, Banshee's first full-suspension 29er; the Prime is now available. The 130mm travel Prime features geometry more typical of a 26" wheeled bike and some great features that really set it apart from the competition. It is also the first Banshee model to feature the company's all-new KS Link suspension platform.
|The Banshee Prime is a 29er for guys who don't think they like 29ers. The relatively slack head angle, low BB height and extremely stiff frame makes the Prime ride like no other 29er out there. We took everything we learned from our Paradox 29er hardtail and from our 26" full suspension bikes and combined that knowledge and experience to create an aggressive all mountain 29er that's extremely capable and a huge amount of fun to ride. The stand-out feature on the Prime is the speed that it can carry across all types of terrain. It's noticeably quicker on the climbs and the combination of the big wheels, slack geometry and KS Link suspension allow you to take lines on the descents that a 130mm travel bike has no business riding. If ever there was a bike to silence the 29er doubters, the Prime is it. - Jon Hadfield, Banshee Bikes Sales & Marketing Manager|
The Prime features Banshee's all-new KS Link suspension platform that is a lot more supple than Banshee's older VF4B design due to zero pivot resistance and very little DU bushing rotation as a result of direct shock actuation. KS Link gives the rider better traction thanks to the suspension’s ability to react faster to changes in the riding surface and also results in a smoother overall ride. The Prime is extremely stiff and responsive due to the short one-piece forged linkages used and has a low centre of gravity for superior cornering and control. The fully sealed, oversized bearings, combined with the low pivot loads that the KS link achieves result in a very low maintenance system. Banshee have worked extensively with Fox and Cane Creek to offer custom tuned shocks specifically optimized for the Prime.
The Prime also features Banshee's new modular dropout system which offer 3-position adjustable geometry. The dropouts utilize ‘flip chips’ to alter the head angle in half degree increments and also change the BB height in quarter inch increments. Dropouts are available in 135 quick release, 142 x 12mm bolt thru & 150 x 12mm bolt thru.
Other features include a 44/56mm tapered head tube, which allows the use of a zero stack lower headset cup, even with a tapered fork steerer for reduced stack height. There are also ISCG05 chainguide mounts, a Low Direct Mount S3 front derailleur and cable guides for dropper posts. Chain and seat stays are internally ribbed for increased stiffness & 7005 T6 aluminum is used throughout with custom hydroformed tubes and forgings.FEATURES
• 130mm Rear Travel
• Interchangeable Dropouts - 135mm QR // 142 x 12mm // 150 x 12mm
• 3-Position Adjustable Geometry
• Hydroformed 7005 T6 Construction
• 44-56mm Tapered Head Tube
• KS Link Suspension - Short One-Piece Forged Linkages & Fully Sealed Oversize Bearings Throughout
• ISCG05 Chainguide Mounts
• Low Direct Mount S3 Front Derailleur
• Dropper Post Cable Routing
• Internally Ribbed Seat & Chainstays
• Fox Float CTD Adjust Custom Tuned Rear Shock
• Optional Cane Creek DBair Shock Available
• Colours: Yellow, Black Ano & Raw
• PRICE: $1999 including Fox Float CTD ShockGEOMETRY
• Sizes: Medium, Large, Extra Large
• Head Tube Angle: Adjustable - 67.5º // 68º // 68.5º
• BB Height: Adjustable - 336mm/13.25" // 342mm/13.5" // 348mm/13.75"
• Chainstay Length: Varies with Geometry Setting - 448mm/17.6" // 445mm/17.5" // 443mm/17.4"
• Effective Seat Angle: Varies with Geometry Setting - 75º // 75.5º // 76º
• Seatube Length: 445mm/17.5" // 483mm/19" // 534mm/21"
• Toptube Length: 580mm/22.8" // 610mm/24" // 645mm/25.4"
• Wheelbase: 1154mm/45.4" // 1184mm/46.6" // 1219mm/48"
The 2013 Banshee
Prime is available now. Contact your local Banshee dealer
for more info.