PRESS RELEASE – 77designz
77designz have released an update of the superlight Freesolo chainguide: the Freesolo V2.
We have implemented all the features on the Oval Guide and on top of it we have reduced our packaging to lower waste and decrease volume for shipping.
So what is new on the Freesolo V2?
- It's longer and slacker, just kidding ;-)
- 10% lighter than its predecessor, weights starts from 16g.
- Better mud clearance through an open cage design.
- Easier to adjust and mount (no washers between the frame and backplate).
- It comes with "Front Flip Technology" for easy crank removal.
- Designed for Sram Eagle but also works with 1x11 and 1x10.
- Install without crank removal.
- Torx 25 single tool installation.
- Boost compatible.
- Titanium Torx 25 hardware.
- Incredibly Light.
- Front Flip Technology for tool-free service.
- Open cage for better mud release.
Mount: ISCG 05 / HDM / S3 / E-type / ISCG OLD / YT Jeffsy.
Capacity: 26-36T Round.
Chainline: 48-53 mm (Boost Ready).
Compatibility: 1x10, 1x11 or 1x12 drivetrain.
Backplate: AL 7075 T6 Black Anodized.
Slider: PA66 GF 10 (Front Flip Technology).
Hardware: Torx 25 Titanium Screws.
Weight: From 16 gram (incl. mounting hardware).
About the minimal packaging:
We tried to remove plastic where it made sense and keep it as flat as it possible, in order to reduce volume for shipping.
The artwork is showing the hight lines of the mountains where we started biking and that little x shows our first build track.