Adjustable seat posts have become a staple in mountain biking, especially for all mountain riding. Since Crankbrothers has been in the adjustable seat post category for nearly five years, we have learned a lot about what works and what doesn't. With that knowledge, we decided it was time for a better approach. With a fresh set of eyes, we designed a post that we believe in. It is technical, durable, and beautiful. We consider it to be the eggbeater of the adjustable seat post market. Introducing the kronolog.Inspiration:
Through our experience in the adjustable seat post category, we have learned that the main source of failure is an overcomplicated design. Hydraulic posts are heavy and problematic, so we took a different route. We wanted to create something simple, and it became clear that a mechanical design was optimal for an adjustable seat post. The kronolog was developed over a two-year process that included extensive design, development, prototyping, testing, redesigning, retesting, etc. The post went through ten design iterations, and even more when you include incremental changes. Through the process, the post was extensively tested both in the lab and on the trail. Crankbrothers even developed proprietary testing fixtures to truly push the post to its limit. We were dedicated to getting this right - and we think we did.Technical details:
• Post length
- 465g + 28g (30.9mm + remote
• Adjustment range
• Adjustment type
- remote w/ standard shift cable (4mm brake housing
- 30.9mm, 31.6mm
• Standard colors
- black/red, black/black
• Color kits
- clamp and lever kits available in gold, blue, orange, red, black (sold separately
- 2 years w/ proper maintenance
- $300 / €300Kronolog features:
The Kronolog is a fresh new design with many unique features:
• Robust simplicity
- The Kronolog is a very simple design, with a limited number of functioning parts. Fewer parts means fewer failures. The Kronolog passes 2.7 times EN fatigue testing, making it twice as strong as other posts on the market.
• Mechanical design
- The mechanical design allows for very accurate, precise movement. The Kronolog is the only mechanical post that is infinitely adjustable.
• Hydraulic feel
- Although it functions mechanically, the Kronolog feels hydraulic. It is smooth, supple, and quiet.
• Air spring technology
- The air spring technology allows you to adjust the preload and return speed simply with air using a standard shock pump.
• Two-stage damping
- Air damping allows the saddle to return to a normal riding position in two, smooth stages.
• Rotational stability
- The unique keying system between the quill and shaft virtually eliminates rotational play.
• Two-way locking
- The seat post locks into position both upward and downward. Pull up on your saddle, and your seat post stays in place.
• Improved cable routing
- The cable routes from the postʼs stationary body, so when the post moves up and down, the cable does not move. No excess cable to interfere with your riding.
• Travel adjust
- It is possible to reduce the travel of the Kronolog in 20mm increments by simply adding a spacer.
• Remote adjust
- The Kronolog remote attaches to the handlebar using a standard handlebar clamp, and can be configured for either right or left hand control.
• Stronger and lighter
- the Kronolog seat post offers more travel, durability, and robustness, all at about 50g less than the previous Crankbrothers adjustable post.
The Kronolog is already being ridden by some of the best mountain bikers in the world. Sponsored athletes include Hans Rey, Richie Schley, Chris Van Dine, Jill Kintner, Bryn Atkinson, Andreas Hestler, Holger Meyer, Karen Eller, Lars Sternberg, Team United Ride, and many other talented riders. Many of these athletes were closely involved in the Kronolog testing and development process, and they are excited about the final product:
|I have been testing the Kronolog and working with the product managers and engineers for the past year. It is a mechanical system, so it is light, strong, and reliable. Don't let the ''mechanical'' throw you off though. It is a Crankbrothers product, so it has a sleek look with attention to design, right down to the cool Crankbrothers logo remote. - Richie Schley|
|I am not willing to compromise on a good descent, and the Kronolog post does what it is supposed to do... Let's me climb with full extension, and reacts quickly and quietly when I want to drop my seat down to shred. For a cable driven system, the feel is really smooth and consistent, plus reliable in all conditions. I find the routing off the back of the post an obvious improvement, and the logo as the lever a thing of beauty. Adjustable posts make riding more fun. - Jill Kintner| About Crankbrothers
|For trail riders, the drop post is one of those products that drastically improves the ride, regardless of genre, travel, or wheel size. It's worth its weight in gold. Crankbrothers has been in the drop post game from the beginning. The Kronolog is something we've been working on for quite a while now, and it is the evolution in adjustable post technology. I've been thrashing the Kronolog for months in different conditions, environments, and applications, with no play or failures. This is refreshing because I'm not a fan of bleeding my post after a failure on the trail. The Kronolog is packed with features and refinements, and it is by far my favorite drop post on the market. Take one for a spin and you'll understand. - Chris Van Dine|
Founded in 1997, Crankbrothers is known for its highly inventive products and refreshing focus on design. The company gained momentum with the launch of the eggbeater pedal in 2001, and has since brought forth a diverse line of pedals and bicycle components that are distributed globally and enjoyed by many of the worldʼs top athletes. All of the Crankbrothers products are designed in Laguna Beach, California.www.crankbrothers.com