It took a while to get things going this summer but once the snow melted and we opened the Bike Park, things have been rolling. Opening in bone dry conditions this year compared to the muck we opened up to in the last couple of years helped immensely. The crew focused on rebuilding stunts, beefing up the berms and improving the overall flow way earlier in the season vs. raking out ruts from the wet conditions.
So we took some heat for the late opening but its turned out good in the end and if you've hit the park in the first couple of weeks, you will probably agree. It's pretty dry and dusty, but the trails are in the best shape we've seen to date. If you have some feedback, comment down below (we know you will) and we will add your thoughts to the constantly evolving improvement list. Here's a quick list of some of the trails that have seen action so far this summer:
1. Back in Black is open top to bottom for the first time in two years! Plus it's the most flowy this trail has ever been...and it was already an amazing freeride trail before it got reworked
2. GOOD NEWS!! After the butt-kicking our Bike Park received with snowfall in the last three years, an early call was made to keep Timewarp off the Bike Park trail map for this season. Due to the headway we've been making through the park we opened Timewarp last week and it's back in action!
3. MMT has seen a pretty significant reno and mellowing with the focus on creating a transition trail for intermediates as they progress past the Green Line- smoother and less gnar
4. Green Line is in amazing shape for beginners, top to bottom
5. We've had some feedback on the swampy section of Wizard so this has been fixed for the weekend, actually it's already done!
So that's the quick and dirty lowdown for the Bike Park so far this season. The season is shorter, but the ride is sweeter! Here are some pics of some of the work done recently:The berms and wall ride on Back in Black are looking slick, just add steeze.Rebuilt wall on Back in Black.Back in Black step-down to rebuilt takeoff over the gap.Big Brother rebuilt option to keep wheels on ground if that's the way you roll.The workhorse of the crew, the trusty Cat 304C!Picking out rocks through the dust.
See you up at the Bike Park. And don't forget that our Lucky DH Race series runs every Thurday in August and the BC Cup Provincial Champs run August 24-26th!http://mountwashington.ca