Rocky Mountain Slayer Bike Check with Jarrett Moore:
This is my 2011 Rocky Mountain
Slayer Slopestyle. It was hand built in Vancouver B.C using a Slayer tube set for Gully and I. Unfortunately, it is not a production frame and continues to be for Rocky Mountain riders only. Here is my set up for 2011!
The frame has completely revamped geometry from a production Slayer making it more suitable for jumping. This frame has a 23" top tube with a nice and short rear end and 4" of rear wheel travel. A shorter top tube frame was also made, but being tall I opted for the longer frame.
Jarrett's Spec Details:
- Frame - RMB FORM 7005 Hydroformed Alu
- Fork - Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti Tapered
- Rear Shock - Marzocchi Roco Air
- Chainguide - MRP G2
- Pedals - Wellgo MG1
- Handlebar - Spank Spike
- Brakes - Formula RO
- Cranks - Race Face Turbine 170mm
- Hubs - Spank
- Rims - Spank Tweet Tweet
- Tires - Maxxis Crossmarks 2.1 LUST
- Saddle - Chromag Overture
- The complete build weighs in just under 31 pounds.
Here is a link to the Oak Bay Bikes Blog
(they helped me build this bike up!)
Thanks for checking out my bike!