Build Your Dream Team Today with the 2019 Fantasy Crankworx League

Mar 22, 2019
by Pinkbike Staff

Mountain biking’s elite has descended on Crankworx Rotorua. The objective? Huge progression, prize purses and a shot at the season’s King or Queen of Crankworx title. But why should the athletes be the only ones to chase the win? We are excited to announce the launch of Crankworx Fantasy, starting out in Rotorua.

Get ready to show your skills for picking winners. With a fictional budget of $1.5 million you will choose your ultimate team of 6 riders to go to battle during each Crankworx Rotorua live broadcast: Speed & Style, Downhill, Pump Track and Slopestyle. Before each of the four broadcasts, select your team of athletes to collect the most points possible. For every event, you can select your dream team. You can change out your team up to the start of each live broadcast event.

At the end of Crankworx Rotorua, the player with the highest total score will win the ultimate VIP trip for two to Crankworx Whistler, a Rockshox Lyrik RC2, and a MAXXIS prize pack including an Aggressor, Assegai, Minion DHF and Minion DHR2.

Live Broadcast Schedule:

Thursday March 21st 11:30 pm PDT
Friday March 22nd 7:30 am CET

Maxxis Slopestyle in Memory of McGazza
Saturday March 23rd 3:00 pm NZDT
Friday March 22nd 7:00 pm PDT
Saturday March 23rd 3:00 am CET

At the beginning of the festival, choose your favorite athletes and create a team for Dual Speed & Style. Before each live broadcast event (Mons Royale Speed & Style Rotorua, Crankworx Rotorua Downhill presented by the Professionals, RockShox Rotorua Pump Track Challenge, Maxxis Slopestyle in Memory of McGazza) players can make unlimited trades. Sound good? Build your team today!

Prizes

Crankworx Rotorua Grand Prize

At the end of the Crankworx Rotorua round, the top team will win a trip for 2 to Crankworx Whistler, August 9-18th 2019, a Rockshox Lyrik RC2, a MAXXIS prize pack including four pairs of tires (Aggressor, Assegai, Minion DHF and Minion DHR2), a hoodie, hat, gloves, socks, Backcountry Research strap, and a limited edition Crankworx Rotorua fender.

Trip Details:

Trip for 2 to Crankworx Whistler, August 9-18th 2019, including airfare, 5 nights’ accommodation and Crankworx VIP accreditation.
• Round trip economy airfare (if required) up to $2,000 CDN for winner and his/her guest to Whistler, BC from the international airport in the major city closest to winner’s residential address
• 5 nights accommodation in Whistler, BC for the winner and his/her guest
• Transfers from regional Airport to Hotel for winner and his/her guest
• 2 Crankworx Whistler VIP Passes

Good luck!

MENTIONS: @officialcrankworx

Next up: Ultimate fantasy, fantasy team of fantasy team owners.
 Actually not a bad idea, even if it could be a rich get richer thing... who's best overall?
 Fantasy mechanics. Aaron Gwin's mechanic- $10,000
 @scott-townes: Ruaridh Cunningham's mechanic... Big Grin
 Where's the fantasy PB commenter league? Every ten words of pure unadulterated horseshit = one point.
 Since I use to read the comments on Pinkbike, I'm pretty surprised to improve my english with such expressions as "unadulterated horseshit" coming from another French guy. Thanks for the laugh.
 I have no clue on who to pick, so I let my 10 year old daughter pick based off on names she liked. LOL
 Ain’t nobody got time for all this Fantasy stuff.
 Not got time too go too Wistler for free then?
 Can the teams be switched between events, i.e. is this a Speed and Style team for the first round, or is this a general CRANKWORX team for the whole weekened? Those are very different teams!
 Also unsure.
 Same question here. This one will be tough anyway. So many people do so many different events it's hard to keep who does what straight. So do we score points for each event and then the slate is wiped clean for the next or is it one team overall?
 Read the article lol Wink It's just for Rotorua, you can switch before/after every event. Smile
 @mtbikeaddict: it's not clear if you can change your team between events within rotorua
 @Jimmy0: This is only for Rotorua. It mentions at least twice in this article and once on the create team thing how it works... edit between each individual event as many times as you wish, with the deadline being the start of the live broadcast. Smile
 @Jimmy0: PS did not intend to be rude
 Yes. You will be able to switch athletes in between events.
 @Jimmy0: Sorry about that. Yes, as far as I can tell you can. I just couldn't link to where it it says that... browser was having issues. Glad to try to help. Smile
 @mtbikeaddict: saw that, but I'm still not sure if points are awarded for each streamed event or if they are awarded for the events when grouped together. Basically, is it better to pick someone who will compete in multiple events, or do we want to pick the athletes we think will do well in a specific discipline, get awarded the points for them doing well, and then change riders before the next discipline?
 @lyfcycles: I first read through everything a bit after midnight when it was published... I saw it then, but I can't find it now, so my apologies. I will try to explain as best I can. From my understanding, points are awarded for each event, and you can edit your team for each event, and at the end of CWX Rotorua the winner is for the total tally of all 4 events... so yes you can pick specifically per discipline, I think.
 @mtbikeaddict:

But none of the other fantasy leagues work like this D: ! @pinkbikeaudience where you at?!
 @rezrov: To be fair the other disciplines are more homogeneous, so changing between all DH/XC/EWS stages probably wouldn't make as much as a difference as different events in Crankworx. Edit: That would be useful for when say EWS stages are significantly different, or when an athlete gets injured mid-run or something... interesting...
 You can switch out your team ahead of every live broadcast event, so you can essentially have four different teams!
 @rezrov: This one is different!
 The Queen of Crankworx Jill Kitner missing for the list?????
 She’s not racing the tour this year.
 She's gone full enduro.
 So much fantasy FreePlay. I already forgot my first fantasy team and pass word. Goodtimes
 I'm holding out for the Fantasy Pumptrack League.
 Soooo no fantasy slopestyle then?
 It's a part of Fantasy Crankworx.
 @sarahmoore: Sorry that was my fault, I had only skimmed through the description up top. After having read it thouroughly I saw where it said that and prayed no one would even see my comment lol
 Seems like a lot of riders missing from the list, No Kyle Strait etc?
 Found him! but still seems like people missing from list or not showed up yet?
 you get a fantasy league, and you get a league, everyone gets a league
 ????