Photographer: John Dougall
The cold has set in and the snow has arrived and already there are many of you eagerly awaiting the 2015 BC and KR Enduro Series. Ready to start planning your summer next year and starting to look forward to yet another amazing season on your bikes exploring new trails all over Western Canada!
There are a lot of factors that go into the decision of this schedule and to piece it all together. Remember the biggest aim and goal of the BC and KR Enduro Series is to allow you all to explore new riding locations and new trails all over BC and AB so new locations will be added into the schedule each year to keep it exciting and fresh. It's about spending time with friends and going on road trips while still getting to race buddies on the descents. It's about having a fully marked courses of the best trails already selected for you, so you don't have to be pulling a map out at every intersection if you were trying to explore new locations on your own, and it's about having a beer waiting for you at the finish line of each race!
Yes you are all going to say 'what happened to Revy' and yes we totally agree - that was one of the best courses and best locations from 2014! But don't get too stressed, as it will be back in 2016 and for various reason a location had to be sacrificed for ..wait for it.. the very first Retallack
Ok, have we got your attention now??
So here it is:BC Enduro Series 2015 Schedule:
May 3: Sunshine Coast
May 10: North Vancouver
June 7: Penticton
June 27-28: Vernon and Silver Star
Aug 2: Rossland
Sep 5-6: RetallackKootenay Rockies Enduro Series 2015 Schedule
June 14: Kimberley
June 21: Canmore
July 12: Fernie
July 26: Kananaskis
Aug 2: Rossland
Sep 5-6: RetallackPhotographer: John DougallSPONSORS
There are still some amazing opportunities for sponsors to come on board and the 'Presenting Sponsor' spot just opened up and is up for grabs. We would like to thank Norco Bikes
for coming on board as the presenting sponsor for 2014 and taking the leap to support the first year of the series. We are greatly appreciative of their support throughout the last year. If you would like to take on the rare opportunity to become the presenting sponsor for either the KR and/or BC Enduro Series for 2015, then please contact email@example.com. Pinkbike articles of the series got over 77,000 views, video's got over 16,000 views, website got over 100,000 page views with 16,000+ unique visitors and it's only going to grow from here!
Other sponsorship opportunities include products sponsors and specific local Title Sponsors for each individual race location.EXTRA INFO
- Retallack will be the finale for both series but will be capped at 150 (we may open up more spots), so you will have to get in quick for that one (spots are guaranteed for potential overall series contenders for each category though, that is decided after the Rossland race based on points)
- Registration opens February and pricing will go up on the website in January.
- Insurance will now be included in your registration and you won't need to purchase the extra Cycling BC or ABA membership if you don't have one
- One day races will now be on the Sunday to give riders Saturday to pre-ride if you want and to allow for an earlier start time for the hot summer days
- Courses will be released during the week of each race to keep to the 'enduro spirit' of keeping it as fair game for everyone as possible and keep the excitement of riding new trails (it's not about riding it all summer to get the best time, its about experiencing new areas)
- Some races will have a one stage prologue the day before on the Saturday afternoon, this will be announced before registration opens in February
- A 'Rookie Enduro' course option will be added in to some of the locations in addition to the main course, that will allow those new riders a chance to do their first race if they are intimidated or not up for the full course option. The Rookie Course will not have any super hard technical stages but be just as fun. The aim for this is to get more people out on bikes exploring BC and riding with friends.
BC Enduro Series