Cane Creek Cycling Components, Industry Nine, REEB Cycles, Thomson Bike Products, Maxxis tires, Find Your Line Bike Shop, Oskar Blues Brewery and the REEB Ranch have teamed up with The Pisgah Conservancy to support our common ground; the Pisgah Ranger District of the Pisgah National Forest (located just outside Asheville, North Carolina).
The Pisgah Ranger District has become a key destination for mountain bikers, offering some of the most challenging terrain in the country. While The Ranger District is also great for fishing, hiking, and horseback riding, the rugged, technical nature of the trail systems make it second to none for mountain bikers.
Our mission for The Pisgah Project; Team up with cycling companies based in the Southeast region of the United States to build a bike with top-notch components, raffle it off, and send all of the proceeds to The Pisgah Conservancy. Last year this raffle raised over $25,000!
Purchase tickets at: www.ThePisgahProject.com
This year it is especially important to support The Pisgah Conservancy with a ew series of proposed projects for the Pisgah Ranger District taking effect. Many of these projects are still in need of funding, and every dollar raised goes a long way toward helping catch up on the backlog of work that the forest needs. The Pisgah National Forest is our common ground. Whether you bike, hike, ride, fish, swim, or climb the forest needs our support.
Each component that makes up the Pisgah Project raffle bike has been selected by the partnering companies to provide the lucky winner with a one-of-a-kind, custom build capable of handling anything Pisgah can throw at it.
A huge thanks to all of the industry partners involved in putting this year’s Pisgah Project Bike together and the final touches by Find Your Line Bike Shop in Asheville, NC and Stikrd.com.
Total Retail Value: $8,999.99
Frame – REEB Squeeb / Hand welded in Longmont, CO, 7000 series aluminum construction, full suspension aggressive trail geometry, 145mm rear travel, boost spacing. Ready for any trail in Pisgah. Custom metallic gold and grey frame graphics to be provided by Stikrd.com.
Suspension – Hand assembled at Cane Creek Cycling Components headquarters, the new HELM 29/27.5+ fork features 7 different adjustments, 35mm stanchions, and superb ride quality. For the rear, Cane Creek’s DB Air IL; The first shock to feature Cane Creek’s LinEair Spring, the DB Air IL is the best of both worlds, an air shock that feels more supple, linear and seamlessly supportive throughout its travel.
Cockpit – Thomson Bike Products Elite X4 Stem (40mm) machined in Macon, Georgia from 7000 series aluminum mated with Thomson’s All-Mtn 750mm bar. Cane Creek’s 110 Series headset designed and cut in Fletcher, NC and new DROPT remote ties it all together. Find Your Line chose an all-weather, ready for Pisgah cockpit. The Ergon SME3 Enduro saddle gives comfort and control. Chromag Scarabs’ wide and concave design with multiple pin options keeps your foot firmly in place. A set of Death Grips round out the cockpit for a feel that keeps you on your line.
Seatpost - Thomson Bike Products sent over a Covert Dropper post with internal routing to keep the lines clean on the build. With the quality you have come to know from Thomson, the Covert is no exception. Their cartridge-based system is designed to have the longest service life in the industry.
Wheels – Handmade in Asheville, NC, Industry Nine provides their NEW 29” 32 hole Trail270 wheelset, with a 27mm inner width, custom anodized gold spokes, hubs, and valve stem. The Trail270 provides the ultimate package of rigidity and backcountry-ready durability and as always our legendary 3 degree engagement in the Torch series freehub design.
Tires – Designed and tested in the hills of Georgia, Maxxis supplied a new set of 29x2.5 wide trail tires with the 3C rubber compound. Installed are a DHF for the front and an Aggressor on the rear for excellent all around performance; perfect for any condition Pisgah has to throw at you.
Drivetrain/Brakes – The technicians at Find Your Line Bike installed SRAM’s XX1 Eagle group. For unmatched performance in the hills of Pisgah, the 32-tooth front chainring paired with the 12 speed 10-50 rear cassette will take you anywhere. The light and powerful Guide Ultimate brakes will stop you on a dime. Also included on this custom build, are Cane Creek’s NEW eeWings titanium crankset. These stiff, durable, lightweight cranks come with a 10-year warranty.
The Pisgah Project Bike will be “on tour” at the following events and locations.
May 5: Unveiling May 5th at Pisgah Pride Day 4PM at Oskar Blues Brewery- Asheville, NC
May 6 - 12: Squatch Bikes and Brews - Brevard, NC
May 13 - 15: ROAM Fest East at REEB Ranch, Brevard, NC
May 16 - 17: The HUB and Pisgah Tavern - Brevard, NC
May 18 - 21: Dirt Fest PA- Raystown, PA
May 22 - 24: Squatch Bikes and Brews - Brevard, NC
May 25 - 27: Mountain Sports Festival- Asheville, NC
May 28 - May 31: Billy Goat Bikes - Asheville, NC
June 1 - June 4: The HUB and Pisgah Tavern - Brevard, NC
June 5 - June 9: Sycamore Cycles - Brevard, NC
June 10 - June 15: Oskar Blues Brewery - Asheville, NC
June 16 - Final drawing at REEB Ranch 5PM - Brevard, NC
▪ Raffle Tickets ($20USD each) will be on sale starting May 5, 2018 at www.thepisgahproject.com
▪ Online raffle ticket purchases made until 12:00 p.m. EST on June 15, 2018 will receive one chance in the “Pisgah Project” drawing per $20USD. No limit to the number of tickets an individual can purchase.
▪ “The Pisgah Project” drawing will be held on June 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST at Oskar Blues REEB Ranch. Live coverage of the drawing will be available via Industry Nine’s Facebook live account. Results will be posted on the Pisgah Conservancy’s homepage (www.PisgahConservancy.org), on Facebook, and on the Cane Creek Cycling Component’s Instagram page. The winner will be contacted with the contact information provided.
▪ ”The Pisgah Project” is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
▪ Contest rules adhere to North Carolina raffle regulations.
▪ You do not have to be present to win. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
▪ Should the contact information prove incomplete, illegible, discontinued, or the winner fails to contact The Pisgah Conservancy to claim the drawing prize within 7 days, or if he or she is deemed ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries.
▪ Winner assumes all risks and will be responsible for all costs associated with claiming and transporting the drawing prize.
▪ Winner has ability to select bike frame size.
▪Delivery date of the drawing prize will be dependent on model, size and color availability. Estimated availability of 12-16 weeks from drawing date.
Tickets are only available for purchase through www.ThePisgahProject.com