Revelstoke 3 Day - Canada's Heli-Supported Enduro Adventure
Let's face it, few things in the world really compare to riding your bike and I'm sure some people will outline that in the comment section below. Now I couldn't think of any better way to spend three days of my life, racing my bike, on what I, and I'm sure many others will agree, are the best trails in the world. The community of Revelstoke is bustling hot-spot for adventure, so why not add the ultimate alpine, bike riding experience, to that list of must-dos!
Introducing Revelstoke 3-Day (R3D)! This is a three-day mountain bike enduro race, with way more metres descending than climbing, helicopter and truck shuttles, local beer and food, all wrapped up into what will likely be the best weekend of your summer. The event is centered around a ridiculously good-time, with the culminating task of three blind stages on the last day, accessed via helicopter. There's no pre-riding, no course release and definitely no whining. This a mountain bike event for the true mountain biker, one who enjoys really 'getting-out-there'.
- Experience a mixture of the best alpine, loamy and unique trails in the world, in a true mountain town!
- Be prepared to feel #TheRealStoke
on a 3-day enduro adventure through the surrounding mountains.
- Super long stages, big-days, even bigger mountains - on raw, loamy, technical, singletrack. All while competing in the 1st, ever Helicopter supported mountain bike race in Canada!
This event wouldn't be possible without the support from Tourism Revelstoke
, Arrow Helicopters
, Aero Designs
, Boost Systems
, Glacier House Resort, Wandering Wheels
, Valley Retreat Lodge
and of course the Revelstoke Cycling Association
.Bring on #TheRealStoke REGISTER HEREEVENT INFODates:
September 1st-3rd (4th is rain day)Location:
Revelstoke, BC, CanadaElevation Loss:
In true mountain biker fashion, riders must find their own accommodation. Tourism Revelstoke
has a great list of accommodations, and Glacier House
will be hosting our Saturday Night Heli-Social, they also have cabins, hotel rooms, and camping. Also, don't forget about Valley Retreat
, if you're looking for a boutique accommodation experience and Eagle Pass Heli Ski, but beware, they fill up fast!IMPORTANT INFOAll riders must submit an application to this event due to the remoteness, technical nature of these trails, and the expected level of Apres, riders must apply via an online application.
• ALL RIDERS MUST HAVE ATTENDED A FIRST-AID COURSE, or have adequate training in CPR/Basic first-aid, IN THE LAST 5-YEARS, priority goes to those with current/valid first-aid certifications
• Limit - 110 Riders
• This event is an 18+ Event
• Price: $900.00 CAD
• $250 Non-refundable deposit due, FEBRUARY 25TH.WHAT DO YOU GET?
• Three days of hand selected trails. We work with locals to pick the most unique trails, and give back more than $8000 in trail love!
• A helicopter drop.
• Real, Professional, PAID, First-Responders (All First Responders have a wilderness endorsement and work in the industry in a professional capacity) - Including a Helicopter Long-Line team on standby for the final day.
• Cold beer and hot food prepared by local culinary wizards at the end of day two and three.
• Shuttles during the races.
• Optional shuttle to Heli-Staging area.
• Memorial Keepsake.
• A box-load of bragging rights for attending the first-ever Heli-supported race in Canada.GIVING BACK
Let's chat about riding bikes. We're lucky that there are a very small group of people all over the world, building, managing, advocating, developing and working hard so that you can smile as you ride down that brown, wiggly worm of singletrack. I'm committed to making local communities better, and as such, for this event, I'll be donating back more than $8000 in trail revitalization/maintenance. Additionally, BC Enduro Series Inc. has partnered with local businesses, from the accommodation, the helicopters, to the first-aid. We've also partnered with Wandering Wheels, the local guiding company.
Do your part - become a member of the Revelstoke Cycling Association.DETAILS
Who really cares? Just show up with your bike, a cooler and hold on!FORMAT
• 3-Days of racing, cumulative time over three days, decides the winner.
• Sportident Timing System (Chip Timing). As in many other multi-day races
• Blind-Racing - No pre-riding, the course is never released until the morning of.
Jason Rekve, President and General Manager of Aero Design states “this event is just another example of industries coming together to share a vision of creating outstanding possibilities for some amazing adventures while expanding opportunities for the industries themselves”
and adds “ the Aero Design bike rack will add safe transport mitigating damage to the bikes while at the same time allowing the transit of the riders saving money and minimizing the impact on the environment
”. Aero Design a proud supporter of this event and can’t wait to see what the future holds for all of us.
The Aero Design Bicycle Rack for the AS350 and AS355 is just such an investment. With Canadian certification now in place (and US and Europe pending), the installation allows the transport of three bikes per side and will quick release using the same mounting provisions as the cargo basket. This will allow operators to carry a full load of bikes (up to 6 total), a full load of passengers and gear on the same flight while providing the ability to swap between basket and bike rack in mere seconds. The rack will accept up to a 4" wide tire on a short frame bike with 26" tire to the current longest frame bike with a 29" tire and no modifications to the rack. SKILL NEEDED
• Riders should be solid black or double black riders. This is largely due to the remoteness of trails. TERRAIN
• Day one will be one or two long stages, approximately 20 minutes of timed riding, with about 2-3hrs of transitioning - Think steep, loam, rocky!
• Day two will be the big day!
• x2 Shuttles, approximately 35kms of Riding with 1900m of elevation gain, on black and double black trails. Think deep dark woods, loam, roots and steep, steep chutes!
• Day three will be approximately 2100m of descending, with 100m of climbing, today is the heli! Think alpine, lots of alpine.APRES
• On day two there will be a massive apres at Glacier House Resort, attendance is mandatory as this is where you will receive your helicopter briefing. My suggestion would be that you get a room here, it's also the starting and finishing point for day two. Food and Beer will be provided.
• There will be cold, local micro-brew at the end of every day, so get a designated driver, and try and hang with the locals.
• There will be delicious, locally prepared food at the end of every day - there will be a food station for day two only.ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
This event is the brainchild of Ted Morton, but it really is a collaborative affair. Ted works directly with the local community, whether it's Matt and Sahana at Wandering Wheels, the Revelstoke Cycling Association, the provincial government, local restaurants, local helicopter operators or Tourism Revelstoke. This is a community affair! Ted is the dude behind the BC Enduro Series and founder of the Canadian National Enduro Series. Ted's been involved in events for the past five years, spanning three continents and cut his teeth as a MTB Guide, Instructor, and coach. With a degree in Tourism Management, specializing in Adventure Studies, you can trust you're in good hands. This event is run by Ted and team of the BC Enduro Series Inc.INSURANCE
Riders travelling from out of country will need to provide valid proof of insurance. Please ensure this insurance covers you for professional competition, helicopter travel and mountain biking.
Residents of Canada that have provincial health care are strongly advised to purchase additional personal injury insurance for mountain biking, helicopter travel, and trip cancellation (in case you get injured before the event).REGISTRATION PROCESS
All participants are required to complete a pre-race application for registration. This race has a two-step registration process. Below is the process and timeline for the event To register head over to the website here.
TIMELINESTEP 1 | January 20th - February 15th
| Initial Applications AcceptedFebruary 15th
- Applications ClosedFebruary 16th
- Successful Registrants NotifiedFebruary 25th
- Deposit dueSTEP 2 | February 25th - May 10th |
Successful registrants, must pay $250 Deposit and complete secondary registration form (race category, sponsors, payment, verification of first-aid certification and emergency travel medical coverage) April 1st
- Final Riders List Announced and DEADLINE TO PAY remaining $650+ taxJune/July
- Email to riders confirming participation (you haven't gotten injured or anything)July
- Confirmation of medical information
Mid/Late August - Email notifying of Day 1 meeting point.MORE INFORMATION
Contact: email@example.comFacebookWebsite: www.revelstoke3day.com
Volunteering - volunteers should have a very strong riding ability and first-aid. Serious inquires only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors - Keen to support an awesome adventure? Contact email@example.comREGISTER HERE