A lot of gear comes across our desks here at Pinkbike. Check Out is an occasional round up of everything our tech editors have gotten their hands on. Sometimes it's products we're doing long-term tests on, other times it's stuff we're stoked on but don't have time to fully review. And, sometimes it's crazy shit someone sent us unsolicited and we're having a laugh.
Mon's SS23 Women's Collection: Camo Is Back This Bike Season
VIRAGE PANTS: The ultimate lightweight and durable trail rippers now come in Undercover Camo
Left: REDWOOD MERINO AIR-CON VT Right: ICON MERINO AIR-CON RELAXED TEE
TARN MERINO SHIFT WIND JERSEY: A lightweight windbreaker designed to offer protection from the cold on high output rides. The ultimate bike jersey for all temperatures.Features
• Breathable merino mesh panels
• Mons Royale's Merino Shift fabric is 140gsm. 52% Merino Wool, 35% Recycled Polyester and 13% Nylon
• Hidden sunglasses wipes
• Lightweight and durable trail bottoms with strategically placed inseams for comfort
• Mons belt included with pants and shorts
• Zipped pocket in pants holds your phone so you can forget about it.
They had me at 'relaxed' tee. I really love the Air-Con fabric, which has the highest merino content (83%) of all the Mons gear. The top is designed to offer the best temperature regulation for hot and cold weather. It's got a nylon core for strength, with an added merino later so it's still merino that lays against the skin. Each year I get excited about the new colorway of the Icon Merino Air-con Relaxed Tee - as it is my staple riding top. It offers a super flattering cut - giving a tomboy yet feminine silhouette even for those with broad shoulders and strong arms. It has a slightly shorter waist than most traditional longline riding tops - but I have a long torso and don't find it rises high. Also, no more stinky pits. Learn more here
. Feedback Sports Reflex Fixed Torque Ratchet Kit Features
• Kit includes ratchet handle, 25mm extension, 5Nm click-torque extension, and 10 bits.
• Ratchet wrench for speed; torque extension for precision.
• 5Nm click-torque extension for safe, precise and secure tightening of sensitive parts.
• 2-way ratchet wrench can be used without torque extension for rapid fastener take-up and loosening.
• 6-degree ratchet engagement maneuvers in tight spaces..
• 10 labeled S2 Steel bits covering the most common bicycle applications.
• Hex: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm; Torx: T10 , T25, T30; Flat: 3mm.
• Price: $70 CAD at feedbacksports.com
Introducing the first everyday carry, ride-ready tool kit from Feedback Sports. It’s really handy for reaching hard to access bolts like on a bottle cage. Featuring a compact, modular ratcheting handle, 25mm extension socket, 5Nm click-torque extension socket, and ten of the most commonly used bits, this mini ratcheting wrench kit is made for making safe and secure mid-ride repairs. The included padded case is ideal for carrying in a jersey pocket, travel kit, or keeping with you at all times, for any occasion.
Smith Momentum Sunglasses: Matte Bone + ChromaPop Black Gold Mirror Lens
Performance takes on a new level of clarity thanks to the dual curvature of the toric lens. Features
• ChromaPop lenses enhance contrast and natural color to make the details pop
• Light-sensitive, photochromic lens option adapts to changing light conditions
• Interchangeable lenses
• Smudge and moisture-resistant coatings for easy cleaning and clear optics
• Wraparound fit
• 7x4 toric-shield lens curvature for sharp peripheral vision
• Megol temples and nose pads provide non-slip grip so glasses stay put
• Two-position, adjustable Megol nose pads
• Easy-adjust, QuickFit temples for a customized fit
• Compatible with Smith's optical docking system (ODS4) prescription lens insert
I love fast sunnies. With a half-frame design, interchangeable lenses, and color-boosting ChromaPop, Smith’s Momentum sunglasses deliver sharp optics and a whole new level of clarity for all your future rides. The half-frame design makes lens changes a snap. The lenses themselves curve in a way that closely matches the curvature of your eye, and by removing the lower half of the frame, this creates an extremely large field of view. They're slightly more spherical than other styles such as the Wildcat, so be sure to adjust them so you don't look like you're wearing a space visor. If you like to see where you're going, protecting your eyeballs and looking cool at the same time - maybe you should grab a pair of these sunglasses.
Learn more here
Wild Rye Galena Gel Bike Gloves
The Galena was designed from the ground up to keep you cool and protected during those critical moments.Features
• Gel palm padding
• Touch screen compatible
• 4-way stretch shell
• Silicone Finger Grippies
• Synthetic suede palm
• Cotton thumb to wipe drips
Comfy and cute. These fun-ctional gloves sport gel padding, wicking materials and a funky print so they're instantly identifiable in the bottomless pile of your housemates' bike gear. So far, I've tested them in temperatures from the low fifties to high nineties, and they've regulated in this range really well. The fit is snug, the padding is super comfortable and I feel confident riding technical terrain in them. I've swapped out my super lightweight gloves in favour of these on most bike rides. Learn more here
Bare Performance Nutrition Key Lime Pie Protein Powder
A whey-casein protein blend containing 25 grams of protein per serving to improve recovery and build muscle.
This stuff is bonkers. I've tried and tested a lot of protein powders in my day, but when mixed with milk, this is like drinking Key Lime Pie - and I'm here for it. There's no hint of icky whey flavour or signature powdery texture on the tongue I've resigned myself to over the years. BPN have nailed it, and their other flavours include Cinnamon Roll, Blueberry Muffin & Nut Butter Blast (spoiler: they're all amazing).
• Supports improved recovery and muscle protein synthesis necessary to build lean muscle
• Great mixability, consistency and a variety of delicious flavors
• The perfect blend of protein: 88% fast-acting whey protein and 12% slow-digesting casein protein
• Informed Protein tests and verifies that the protein levels listed on the label are accurate.
• Informed Sport certified products are tested every batch for prohibited substances.