PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #1
of the Norco Canadian National Enduro Series, presented by Live to Sports, happening at Vedder Mountain in the beautiful Fraser Valley.
The weather is looking mint, the trails are running FAST, and everything is lining up to make this weekend one to remember. TRAIL LOVE
This weekend is a doubleheader, FVMBA Vedder Classic XC on Saturday and Norco Canadian Enduro Series presented by Live to Play Sports on Sunday.
The crew at the FVMBA have been working hard to make sure that this year's events are just as epic as in years past. They are an unbelievable volunteer run organization - committed to the community and building new incredible trails every year.
So what do you need to do!? Support the FVMBA by buying a membership!
I'm sure we don't need to remind you that for better or worse, BC's trails are conceived of, paid for, and often built by volunteers. It's hard work but made slightly easier by the support of the mountain bike community. We're challenging our racers to buy a membership for the host organizations in the communities they visit during our races.
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:SMRT Tent Giveaway
Our friends at SMRT tent are giving away a rooftop tent at our Fraser Valley event. You could have your race accommodation sorted for the season! To be in to win you just need to be a registered rider, but if you want to increase your odds, stop by and say hi to Cody at the SMRT Tent display!MEC Mechanic Tent
Is your bike feeling a little janky? Be sure to check out the MEC tent in the main vendor area, which will feature free mechanic services for riders.SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
The SMITH Thrills & Spills Timed Descent is a special stage, where racers have a chance at winning cold hard cash! At each race throughout the season, @Mikey_Coulter, NCES representative and videographer, will be on the search for a rider who has experienced the wildest Thrills and Spills of the stage. Mikey is armed with $75 for the man and woman who needs a little extra encouragement!
So how do you win!? At each race look for the stage with the SMITH archways, these stages are all about the Thrills & Spills, and are designed to not necessarily test your speed but to add a different level of fun at each event. Before, after and during this stage, @Mikey_Coulter, may surprise you with some love, so make sure you get well acquainted with him and tell him your story!
Make sure to tag #PursueYourThrill, @smithoptics, @canadian_enduro_series #SMITHisMTB
to tell your story!
Full contest information here
.We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta supported by Rubbers
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner takes home a pair of Carbon Rims by We Are One!
Full contest rules see here.
We're trying to make this easy for you - we've got all the information you need in our event brief.
- NO SHUTTLING on Friday May 10th or Saturday May 11th.
- Full face helmets are mandatory at this race for ALL racers.
- Practice on Saturday is between 3:00pm and 8:00pm. NO PRACTICE/TRAINING, before 3:00pm on Saturday, due to the XC race being on.
- Stage 4 (Blackforest HAM), is closed for training/practice from Friday onwards, so we don't do excessive damage to the trail. Hiking is permitted. // We have employed local groms and game cameras!
- We are using a new fly-by timing system, so make sure you attend your racer briefing. You can also check out our handy videos on our YouTube channel.
- Please abide by your registration schedule.
- We have a rulebook now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some.- Click here to read the Event Brief (Racer information package)
In an effort to reduce stage start lines categories will follow different stage orders.
● All registration times remain unchanged.
● All departure times remain unchanged.
● It is the RACERS responsibility to ride the course route in the correct
stage order, there are NO signs posted.
● Racers who do not ride the course route in the correct stage order will
not be given a time.View your STAGE ORDERS here.
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, every year we're absolutely amazed by the passion these people bring to the event. If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshals - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Norco Canadian Enduro Series is supported by:
We're looking forward to sunny skies and shredding!
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Robyn Goldsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)