PRESS RELEASE: BC Enduro Series
Welcome to the River Beaver Classic Funduro, part of a whole weekend of bike stoke at the Kamloops Bike Ranch!RIVER BEAVER CLASSIC
This weekend is full of fun bike events including the funduro, a downhill race, a dual slalom, and a pump track session! Cheryl and the crew at the Bike Cafe have been working overtime to make sure this event goes off like a dream. Grab your bike, grab a friend, register HERE
and come out Saturday and Sunday for non-stop good times!
If racing isn't your thing, don't worry! There will be demos from Giant, Kona, Specialized, and Santa Cruz. You can also just take in the action while enjoying a beer from Red Collar Brewing or a meal from the Eats Amore food truck.
This is what funduro is all about - friends, smiles, and good times on bikes!
Saturday, April 20th - FUNDURO SCHEDULE
8:00am - Volunteer Meeting/Setup - No Racers
8:30am - Day-Of Registration
9:00am-9:30am - All Racer Registration - Plate/Timing Tag Pickup
9:30am - Racer Briefing - Mandatory for all racers
9:45am - All racers depart - Self-Seeding at stages, fastest riders first. Be Kind!
9:45am-12:30pm - RACING
12:30pm - Course Closed
12:45pm - Timing Tag Hand In CLOSED
1:00pm - Results/Awards
11:00 am - DEMOS - Demos with Specialized, Giant, Kona, and Santa
Cruz bikes! Also some fun ride with the pros time.Saturday, April 20th - DUAL SLALOM, PUMP TRACK, FOOD and BEER
3:00pm- Dual Slalom Practice Begins - Register at tents
5:00pm- Dual Slalom Race Begins - Seeding/Qualifying and Racing begins
6:00pm - Dakine Pump Track Challenge begins
Red Collar Beer Garden Opens
Food Truck OpensSunday, April 21st - DOWNHILL RACE
9:00am - DH Race Sign-In - Near Dirt Jumps/Look for Tents
9:00am - DH Practice Begins - See bottom of ranch for shuttles etc.
12:00pm - DH Race Begins
Nothing better than seeing young local rippers out sending it on their home turf!
Want more race info? Simply click the link below and read our Event Brief. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
- Helmets are mandatory at this race for ALL racers.
- We are using a new fly-by timing system, so make sure you attend your racer briefing.
- We have a rulebook
now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some.- Click here to read the Event Brief (Racer information package)
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
A massive thank you to this year's sponsors and supporters! This event wouldn't happen without The Bicycle Cafe and Cheryl Beattie's dedication, as well as the awesome facilities of the Kamloops Performance Cycling Centre.
Additional thanks to Red Collar Brewing, Happy Camper, Eats Amore, Specialized Bikes, Kona, Giant and Dakine.
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, and it's always incredible to see the passion these people bring to the event.
If you're interested in volunteering at a Norco Canadian Enduro Series event, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshals - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen to volunteer for one of or events this summer register here as volunteer
!The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Robyn Goldsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)