COMPETITOR NOTES: Vitus Bikes Gravity Enduro Ireland Round 4
Venue: Carrick, Wicklow Date: 4th & 5th September 2021Safety
Carry your mobile phone when riding. Please save the following mobile phone number which you can call in case of emergency.
Calling with an Irish phone 0834173899
Calling with a foreign phone 00353834173899
You are considered a travelling marshal, so please do your best to assist an injured competitor.Event Schedule:
Saturday and Sunday
- Registration: 09.25 - 11.55
- Race Depart: 09.30 - 12.00
- Cut off: 4.5 hours from your start timeRacing and Results
The route is approximately 14km long. There are 3 timed stages; competitors are not timed on transition sections.
- Warning: there are some very steep descents on the route.
- Competitors are set off at 20 second intervals. If there is no major queue at the top of the stage, relax, take your time and go when you like.
- In the interest of safety and to reduce queues, you will have a maximum of 4.5 hours to complete the event.
- There will be no results screen at the Finish so that we can avoid folk crowding round the screen. Mobile signal permitting, your result will be uploaded to the web within 5 minutes of you finishing and by scanning the QR Code on the splits print you are given, you will see live results on your phone at: Saturday
and SundayRace Depart
- Please ensure you are at the start area 5 minutes before your departure time. There is no need to queue up earlier.
- You do not need to ride as a group.
- Please keep your distance from each other during the eventRegistration and Timing
- Please select your start time and sign-on online, see separate email previously sent.
- You cannot ride the course without a number plate.
- Timing chips will be given out in the morning after bike scrutiny.
- Your timing chip should be worn on your left wrist.
- At the start and finish of the stages there is an exclusion zone. If you enter this point the timing chip will be activated and the clock starts ticking. Only enter this zone if you are ready to start your stage.
- The event organizers accept no responsibility with respect to lost timing chips.
- The timing system is accurate to 1 thousand of a second. In the event of a tie, the competitor with the fastest final stage or preceding stage is the fastest.
- PLEASE WEAR A FACE COVERING AT REGISTRATION
- Please wear your face covering at Registration, carry your face covering during the race so that you can put it on between the Finish and collecting your splits print. As cases of COVID-19 increase, it is quite possible that someone at the event will have contracted the disease. It is essential that we protect the SPORTident Timing Team because if they are legally required to self-isolate, the success of forthcoming events will be placed in jeopardy and some of the events they support will not be able to take placeBike Scrutiny
In the interest of safety bikes must be in perfect working order and will be checked on race day before depart. Bikes that do not meet the minimum standard will not be allowed on course. This will be enforced by the Commissaire.
- All bikes must have bar plugs
- Brakes- firm lever and good pad condition
- Wheels- true with no loose spokes or holes in tires
- Headset tight and suspension in good working orderTime Penalties
- Changing bike or major part of bike. 5 min penalty
- Not wearing, strap not buckled or removal of helmet. 1st offence 5 min penalty, 2nd offence disqualification
- Failure to adhere to practice bans. 5 min penalty
- Outside assistance e.g. receiving food, clean goggles etc. 5 min penalty
- Outside assistance from an e-bike rider e.g. Towing etc. 5 min penalty for both riders
- Use of uplifts. 5 min penalty
- Course cutting. 5 min penalty
- Exceeding cut off time limit. 1 sec penalty for every minute over limit.
- Rolling start. 1 min penalty
- Failure to carry mandatory kit. 5 min penalty
- Not displaying or modifying number board. 5 min penalty
- Aggressive riding or trick acting in race village. 1st offence warning, 2nd offence 5 min penalty
- Foul or abusive language towards race officials. Disqualification
- Failure to obey marshal's instructions. Disqualification
- Interference of the track layout by removal of rocks, branches etc. 5 min penalty
- Use of a second e-bike battery. Disqualification.Mandatory Kit List
- You must wear a full face helmet on the stages. A full face or standard helmet should be worn on the climbs. Gloves, knee and elbow protection are recommended but not compulsory. A five minute time penalty applies if you are reported not wearing a helmet.
- You must bring all mandatory equipment with you throughout the race. Pre-race, during and post races checks will be undertaken. Time penalties will be imposed for missing mandatory kit so please ensure you comply in the interest of safety and fairness.
- Mobile phone
- Basic first aid kit (Minimum: 1 x Dressing Pad for heavy bleeding (field dressing); bandage, plasters) and survival bag or foil blanket
- Energy food and drink
- Wind/ Waterproof Top (weather permitting)
- Bike repair kit (tube, pump or CO2 canisters, allen keys, chain tool)
- It is advised that you use a small rucksack or suitable bag to carry above items. You may also secure items to your bikeLunch, Food and Drinks
Please respect the environment and other mountain users and do not litter. Lunch will be given out at registration and you should carry this with you where possible. It contains a wrap, chocolate bar, fruit and water. This is included in your entry fee. There will be toilets provided in the race village only.Rider Etiquette
- Respect other forest users.
- Slower riders must give way to faster riders coming behind them. A polite shout by the approaching rider and the slower rider must pull in and leave a clear line for the faster rider to pass.
- If you have a mechanical failure during a stage, please carry out the repair off track.
- All roads and trails are open. The public have been informed with notices but bear it in mind that you may meet other forest users on transition stages. We are sharing the mountain so please be polite and respect their day out.
- Leave no trace in the forest and in the parking field.General
By entering the event you agree to abide by the rules of the event. This document is not a copy of the rules. See full rules on www.gravityenduro.ie.
Finally we would like to thank Coillte for granting permission for the event, all the local riders and clubs who have developed the trails over the years, without them this event simply wouldn’t be possible.