Bigger, grippier and lighter and as tough as ever, the fifth generation penthouse flat pedal is here!
We didn’t stop to think about the future when our journey started some 17-years ago on the slopes of Schladming in ‘03. The prototype MK1 Penthouse Flat that debuted that weekend inevitably paved the way for the MK2 in ‘07, the MK3 in ‘09 and the MK4 in ‘14. While much has changed in that time, our focus towards building the toughest and grippiest flat pedals on the market remains the same.
MK5 Penthouse Flat Pedal Details
• Price: £109.99 GBP / $149.99 USD / €129.00 EUR
• Weight: 379g (Steel Axle)
• Platform material: 7075 Alloy
• Profile: 15mm
• Platform: 100mm x 102mm
• Dish: 2mm (concave)
• Pin material: Stainless steel
• Pin width: 3.5mm
• Pin height: 4.5mm
• Axle Material: EN24T Steel
• Internals: 2 x Igus W300 bushes, single sealed bearing and inboard rubber oil seal
• Colours available: Burgtec Black, Race Red, Deep Blue, Purple Rain, Kash Bronze, Iron Bro Orange, Rhodium Silver, Burgtec Bullion Gold, Toxic Barbie Pink
With every flat pedal shoe on the market at our disposal, we experimented with different platform sizes, pin widths, and pin heights to maximise grip underfoot.
It was of the utmost importance that the MK5’s internals represent the best of the best. To do this we specced the most wear-resistant bushings from Igus. Their "Endurance Runner" material - W300 - was a clear winner as this gave unrivalled resistance to external influences. Mud and water ingress is kept at bay with a full contact oil seal, this keeps grease in and contaminants out even in the harshest of conditions. This configuration of quality parts is why the Penthouse series has a reputation for outstanding longevity.
Josh Bryceland has been a part of the Burgtec story from the start and played a critical role throughout the testing and development of the MK5.
The Penthouse Flat MK5 Pedal is available now from all good bike shops and Burgtec.co.uk