Focused, diverse, cutting-edge, and collaborative; Pinkbike strives to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our quality journalism and community-driven approach attract over 2.5 million readers a month.
At Pinkbike, we work to get people fired up on mountain biking every day. And we’re working hard to spread that message across existing and emerging social networks. Our global readership continues to grow, and a new Marketing Coordinator will help us build on that growth.
As Marketing Coordinator, you’ll facilitate and execute our events and implement the overall marketing strategy. You’ll be responsible for planning and executing event activations, marketing campaigns, and initiatives by assembling and analyzing forecasts; preparing strategies, plans and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars. Other fun tasks include tracking event and marketing expenses and costs and preparing marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing performance data.
You’ll engage with and grow our community in an authentic, inspiring manner, contributing to and helping evolve the PB voice. You’ll bring a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational, creativity, and an unstoppable work ethic and you’ll also get your hands dirty and drink occasional post-ride beers.
Sound like you?Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d started last week, your responsibilities would have included:
• Planning meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
• Creating engaging copy that is consistent with the PB brand for various marketing communications initiatives such as website copy, product descriptions, press releases and other writing assignments as required
• Assisting manager to create and implement marketing plans
• Planning and organizing company marketing events
• Creating and maintaining reports and spreadsheets
• Organizing the production of branded items such as stationery and merchandise
• Supporting the in-house marketing and design team by coordinating and collating content
• Producing additional marketing communications, such as email newsletters, promo materials, and exhibition-related projects.
• Setting up tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities and compiling and presenting reports.
• Finding interesting angles and encouraging community interaction through creative marketing initiatives.Qualifications, Education & Preferred Skills
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in modern workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or communications and/or equivalent work experience preferred. Minimum of two years’ working experience in a related field—it doesn’t need to be directly in marketing, but you need to demonstrate a compelling track record and deep understanding of event management.
• Able to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritizing.
• Proficiency in G Suite/Google Drive and Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge and understanding of social platforms, especially Instagram
• Previous experience writing for websites, blogs, or magazines
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities
• Creativity and understanding of our customer base!
• Experience with MailChimp, Google Analytics, WordPress, and Hootsuite is an asset
• Working proficiency in secondary language (French, German, Spanish, or Italian) a plus.
• Must live in Squamish, B.C. (or be willing to move here), and speak fluent English.
• MTB/Cycling Industry knowledge and experience
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast-paced. We believe in positive work-life balance and prioritize task completion over office hours. The people here are a focused and fun loving crew that are passionate about bikes. Our office is located in Squamish, within full view of the Chief and the many mountains that make it a mountain bike mecca. Some of our staff commute from Vancouver (it’s counter-flow), others have made their home here in Squamish, and some telecommute—but all of us appreciate the easy-going vibe and the tight-knit team culture.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Marketing Coordinator". Include your resume, a short introduction to what you're all about, and any relevant work examples you have.