Focused, diverse, cutting edge, and collaborative. Pinkbike strives to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our quality journalism and community-driven approach attract millions of readers a month.
Position: Content Manager
Location: North America
Type: Full time
At Pinkbike, we work to get people fired up on mountain biking every day. And we’re working hard to spread that message worldwide. Our global readership continues to grow, and a new Content Manager will help us build on that growth.
Sound like you?
As Content Manager, you’ll build, facilitate, and execute editorial plans. You’ll work with technical editors, writers, photographers, brands, trail organizations, and riders to share great content. You’ll connect with our community on social media, you’ll follow races and post results, and you’ll always have your fingers on the pulse of the mountain bike world. You’ll get your hands dirty, you’ll drink post-ride beers; but, you’ll also bring an organized perspective, keen eye for detail, and a ruthless approach to misused commas. You’ll come to the table with new, innovative ideas, and you’ll help our team stay aligned and working effectively. Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d started last week, your responsibilities would have included:
• Scheduling tech and news articles in conjunction with the editorial team, content coordinators, and photographers.Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Scouring the internet for news (companies filing new patents, the next edit to go viral, product leaks, athlete signings, etc.) and reacting to those stories quickly and efficiently. When necessary facilitating resources to execute those stories right away.
• Collaborating with the editorial, sales, and marketing teams to plan content around an upcoming event—and then coordinating with local contractors and contributors to support that plan.
• Working with Content Coordinators to ensure that news and editorial pieces are edited, high quality, and have been posted on time.
• Providing some UX feedback to our development teams and implementing a series of content-based SEO improvements across the website.
• Getting a last-second call from our head of editorial to get a massively important video posted the moment it’s released.
• Minimum of three years’ working experience in a related field.Preferred Skills
• Solid mountain bike abilities with tonnes of enthusiasm; living and breathing bikes is critical.
• High level writing and proofreading capabilities; you need to be able to spot errant commas and dangling modifiers all day long.
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in Adobe CC and modern cloud workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning, so the ability to learn how to perform rocket surgery from Youtube is important.
• Must live in North America and speak fluent English. Candidates in Squamish (or willing to relocate) would be preferred.
• Able to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritising.
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and passport.
• Broad experience with mountain bikes, and able to develop informed, nuanced tech conclusions. Culture
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Working proficiency in French, German, Spanish, or Italian a plus.
• Experience with global mountain bike travel and media camps.
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast paced. We believe in positive work-life balance and prioritise task completion over office hours. The people here are a focused and fun loving crew that are passionate about bikes. Our office is located in Squamish, within full view of the Chief and the many mountains that make it a mountain bike mecca. Some of our staff commute from Vancouver (it’s counter-flow), others have made their home here in Squamish, and some telecommute—but all of us appreciate the easy-going vibe, and the tight-knit team culture.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
with the subject line "North American Content Manager". Include your resume, a short introduction to what you're all about, and any relevant work examples you have.