We strive to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our video channels continue to grow, and we're adding another videographer to the team to help us build on that growth.
As a part of the video team, you’ll help execute Pinkbike’s video efforts. You’ll work with presenters, athletes, technical editors, and brands to create great stories.
Location: Squamish, BC
Type: Full time
You’ll be keenly engaged in the YouTube space, and will always have your fingers on the pulse of the mountain bike world. You’ll get your hands dirty, you’ll shoot and edit, you’ll drink post-ride beers; but, you’ll also bring an organized perspective, a high level of technical skill, a keen eye for detail, and an ability to get shit done.
Sound like you?Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d been on the job this year, your responsibilities would have included:
• Creating daily tech videos with a tech editor from Sea Otter.Qualifications
• Filming and editing a quick turnaround wheel size testing project.
• Meeting with the rest of the video team to plan out a new large-scale series.
• Coordinating with our social media coordinator on assets needed for future projects.
• Cleaning and organizing camera gear after every shoot so that it’s ready to go for the next one.
• Going for a lot of after work laps in Squamish with the team.
• Strong filming and editing skills.Preferred Skills
• Up to date and engaged in the YouTube space.
• Ability to identify and present compelling stories, even when not readily apparent.
• At least three years’ working experience in a related field.
• Solid mountain bike abilities with tonnes of enthusiasm; living and breathing bikes is critical
• Understanding of video production; you need to know what it takes and be able to spot bad colour grades, audio mastering, etc.
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in Adobe CC and modern cloud workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning, so the ability to learn how to perform rocket surgery from Youtube tutorials is important.
• Must be willing to work in Squamish, BC and speak fluent English.
• Able to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritising.
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and passport.
• Broad experience with mountain bikes, and technical ability to work on themCulture
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience preferred
• Working proficiency in French, German, Spanish, or Italian a plus
• Experience with global mountain bike travel and media camps
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast paced. We believe in positive work-life balance and prioritise task completion over office hours. The people here are a focused and fun loving crew that are passionate about bikes. Our office is located in Squamish, within full view of the Chief and the many mountains that make it a mountain bike mecca. Some of our staff commute from Vancouver (it’s counter-flow), whole others have made their home here in Squamish—but all of us appreciate the easy-going vibe, and the tight-knit team culture.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "Videographer". Include your resume, portfolio, and a short introduction to what you're all about.