Focused, diverse, cutting edge, and collaborative. Pinkbike strives to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our quality journalism and community-driven approach attract millions of readers a month.
Position: Event Coordinator
Location: Squamish, BC
Type: Full time
At Pinkbike, we work to get people fired up on mountain biking every day. As we continue to grow, a new Event Coordinator will help us build on that growth.
As Event Coordinator, you’ll facilitate and execute our events and help to implement the overall marketing strategy. You’ll be responsible for planning and executing event activations; assist to implement marketing campaigns and sponsorship initiatives; and planning and organizing promotional presentations. Other fun tasks include tracking event and marketing expenses and costs, and preparing marketing and event wrap reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing performance data.
You’ll engage with and grow our community in an authentic, inspiring manner, contributing to and helping evolve the PB voice. You’ll bring a keen eye for detail, exceptional organizational, creativity and an unstoppable work ethic and must be physically fit and able to lift 50lbs. You’ll also get your hands dirty and drink occasional post-ride beers.
Sound like you?Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d started last week, your responsibilities would have included:
• Planning event activations by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; managing logistics and implementing activation buildsQualifications and Education
• Assisting the marketing team in creating and implementing marketing plans
• Planning and organizing company marketing events while managing a working budget
• Organizing the production of branded items such as stationary and merchandise
• Processing the Pinkbike store orders, managing inventory levels and stock reorders
• Supporting the in-house marketing and design team by coordinating and collating content
• Finding interesting angles and encouraging community interaction through creative marketing initiatives
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, business or communications and/or equivalent work experience preferred. Minimum of two years’ working experience in a related events field—it doesn’t need to be directly in marketing, but you need to demonstrate a compelling track record and deep understanding of event logistics, planning and event management.Culture
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in modern workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning
• Exceptional organisational skills. Previous experience using Wrike and Slack an asset.
• Have experience and can manage fast paced work environments and high energy projects
• Exceptional time management and be able to work to a deadline.
• Incredible work ethic and the ability to show initiative - the job is what you make of it
• Ability to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritising.
• Proficiency in G Suite/Google Drive, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite an asset
• Experience with Mailchimp, Google Analytics, WordPress and Hootsuite or similar platforms
• Knowledge and understanding of social channels
• Creativity and understanding of the Pinkbike customer base
• MTB/Cycling Industry knowledge and experience
• Working proficiency in secondary language (French, German, Spanish, or Italian) a plus.
• Must live in Squamish, BC (or be willing to move here), and speak fluent English.
• Physically fit and able to work in a physical environment e.g. event set ups and implementation
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast paced. We believe in positive work-life balance and prioritise task completion over office hours. The people here are a focused and fun loving crew that are passionate about bikes. Our office is located in Squamish, within full view of the Chief and the many mountains that make it a mountain bike mecca. Some of our staff commute from Vancouver (it’s counter-flow), while others have made their home here in Squamish—but all of us appreciate the easy-going vibe and the tight-knit team culture.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "Event Coordinator". Include your resume, a short introduction to what you're all about, and any relevant work examples you have. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.