The Kona Bicycle Company
is seeking a full-time employee to work with its global Communications Department. This person must be able to write at a high level, produce digital content at a fairly proficient level (photography and video), ride bikes like the wind, work well with a team, be not afraid to dig in and get their hands dirty, and travel to very cool locations to a) work first and, b) ride second.
Wake up at 4am to travel to remote areas and ride with heavy packs to cater to high-maintenance athletes while being chased by giant horseflies for days on end. Photo: John Gibson
Kona's Chairman of Integration (your new boss) fuels a quad while Aggy drinks a Pilsner and gazes with amazement at 8am on a Saturday way up in the mountains above Bralorne, BC during the shooting of "The Aggy Profile" with Sherpas Cinema. This could be you filling the quad, drinking the beer, getting it done! Photo: Blake Jorgenson
You may also be asked to capture and post random, strangely storied social media posts on your ever-present iPhone (with all the latest editing software and social apps installed of course).
Travel to exotic locations and shuttle like the locals. Come join the adventure! Photo: John Gibson
Full Time, Year-Round, 24/7/365Location:
Kona USA office in Ferndale, Washington, USA (preferred) or Kona Canada office in Vancouver's glorious Downtown East Side, or work remotely from somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, it depends, let's talk.Compensation:
Depends on experience. We'll make you an offer you can't refuse.SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1. Social Media Manager
2. Content Creation / Flow
3. Staff/Consumer Engagement
4. Project Production Assistant
6. Manage Photo Database
7. Press Relations Assistant
Click here for the full job description
, but don't let it deter you, this is actually a dream job. You'll work with riders, writers, marketers, professional videographers, the industry's best photographers, award winning designers, coffee lovers and comedians. EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSETS:
• Video shooting and editing
• Creative writing, storytelling, copy writing, blogging, social media
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Proven problem-solving ability and sound judgment
• Extensive knowledge of Mountain, Road and Cyclocross bicycles
• Experience in dealing with sensitive designers and "artsy types"
• Experience in the tactical deployment of irreverence and sarcasm
• A good sense of humor
Interested applicants should provide examples of the applicant's photography, videos, writing and social media experience.
If interested please email your resume and sample work with subject "Kona Content Manager Position" to firstname.lastname@example.org