Earlier this year Lapierre released the new version of the well-loved Zesty: a completely re-worked platform for 2016. Sharing the same OST+ suspension system, a new Spicy was also on the cards, and it will be shown to the public for the first time at Eurobike and become available in October. A brand new and beefed up Spicy, with progressive race geometry developed by Nicolas Vouilloz, this latest version of the Spicy is an enduro race machine that Lapierre says is ready to tackle the toughest of descents. Prices range from 3199 - 6999 EUR.
MTB legend and Lapierre R&D team member, Nico Vouilloz was integral to the Spicy’s development. He said: ''We knew from the start that we wanted to increase the travel but keep it efficient when pedalling. To do this we kept the OST+ suspension system, but played around with different settings. We adjusted the pivot point position for a better suspension curve. We also adjusted the geometry and the longer reach and shorter seat tube really improve the handling. This new version is a real enduro machine that's perfected to win races.''
2016 Spicy Details
• OST+ suspension system, revised pivot placements for an improved suspension curve
• Longer travel: 165mm rear travel and 160mm front
• Adapted geometry: slack, long and low. A longer reach and shorter seat tube. Shorter and wider cockpit, and slackened head angle.
• Longer Reach: S+18mm, M+16mm, L+20mm, XL +18mm
• Shorter ST: S and M -10mm, L and XL -20mm
• Cockpit: 45mm stem and 780mm bars
• Oversized pivot axles: increased stiffness, better reliability and easy maintenance
• Tyre clearance improved by 10mm.
• e:i Shock Auto compatible
• Hydration: more space has been added for a larger bottle