Marcelo Gutierrez is off to a strong start this World Cup season, with a third place finish at Lourdes and a fourth at Fort William. Those results have him sitting in second place overall, just two points behind Greg Minnaar. The Colombian's powerful style and high level of fitness (which he demonstrated with his incredible performance on the motorway section at Fort William) should be well suited to the blistering fast pace of the Leogang track; it wouldn't be surprising to see Marcelo end up on the podium once again.
Pinkbike's Ross Bell caught up with Paul Miles, Marcelo's mechanic, to find out more about the Giant Glory Advanced that Gutierrez will be racing this weekend.
Marcelo's Giant Glory Advanced Details
• Rider height: 5'10"
• Frame size: large, with 5mm offset cups to extend reach
• Carbon front triangle, alloy swingarm
• Wheelsize: 27.5"
• Handlebar width: 800mm
• Stem length: 50mm
• SRAM X01 DH 7-speed drivetrain, 34-tooth chainring
• Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary, Addix Ultra Soft compound
• RockShox BoXXer Team fork, Vivid R2C shock