Press Release: Marzocchi
As terrain and riding styles get rowdier and bikes get more capable, the need for bomber suspension that feels buttery and bottomless has never been greater. The industry has fondly embraced recent trends towards coil-sprung rear shocks yet none of the major players have stepped forth with a complete coil fork system.
Riders have been asking for it, Marzocchi heard the call and has proudly delivered. The new Z1 Coil builds on the legacy of the single crown fork that started the revolution way back in the ‘90s – the O.G. Bomber Z1 Coil.
Starting with the stout and proven 36mm chassis of the modern day Bomber Z1, the new Z1 Coil retains the renowned Grip damper but swaps out the air spring assembly for the most advanced coil spring system Marzocchi has ever made. At the heart of this new coil system is an ultra-lightweight tempered silicon-chromium steel spring (available in 4 spring rates to suit a wide range of riders) coupled with a noise management system for near silent performance, an integrated air assist for progressivity and bottom out control, and an external preload adjuster to dial in sag and firmness off the top.
Travel can easily be changed in 10mm increments from 150-180mm (depending on wheel size) via included reconfigurable internal spacers.
All of these features plus an industry-leading 125 hour recommended service interval (for both lower leg and damper), combine to deliver what every rider wants: maximum fun and minimum hassle. And with an MSRP of $749 USD, you won’t need a second mortgage to get your mitts on top-shelf suspension.
What if I already have a new Z1, you might be asking? Marzocchi has you covered with coil conversion kits, also in 4 choices of spring rate. $175 USD and you've got a no-holds-barred coil conversion kit designed by the same team that designed the fork. Your converted fork is guaranteed to work exactly as intended and won't void your factory warranty.
Complete coil forks are available now and coil conversion kits will be available mid-February. Marzocchi will continue to offer the air-sprung version of the Z1 because, as one infamous Bay Area rapper once said, "everybody got choices."
For more info about Marzocchi or to buy a Z1 Coil fork for yourself, go HERE
• Legendary Bomber ride feel and durability
• Lightweight Tempered Silicon-Chromium steel spring
• Air Assist for progressivity/bottom-out control
• Easily adjustable spring preload via top cap
• Noise management system for quiet performance
• Chassis: 36 mm
• Travel: 150 (29 only), 160, 170, 180 (27.5 only)
• Wheel: 27.5 or 29
• Axle: 15QRx110
• Damping: GRIP (compression + rebound)
• Spring: Tempered Silicon-Chromium Steel
• Steerer: 1.5 Tapered Aluminum
• Stanchions: Ø36 mm Black Anodized
• Rake: 37 (27.5" only), 44, 51 (29" only)
• Color: Matte Black or Gloss Red
• Starting Weight, Complete Fork: 2,525g
• Z1 Coil fork: $749 USD
• Conversion Kit w/o coil spring (Plunger Kit): $130 USD
• MSRP Coil Spring: $45 USD