PRESS RELEASE: MooseDuro 2019
The Canadian National Enduro Series just wrapped up in Panorama last weekend, congratulations to our new national champions Jennifer McHugh and Remi Gauvin and to the CNES team for delivering an incredible season!
Are you already starting to miss racing your bike? Didn't sign up for an event yet due to schedule conflicts? Don't worry, we have another Enduro to add to your calendar: MooseDuro is a multi-stage Enduro race put on by Alberta 66 MTB and Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society (MMBTS) and it will be held on Sunday September 22nd 2019 at Moose Mountain, Alberta.
This grassroots event showcases some of Alberta's finest trails and is brought to life by a passionate crew of volunteers and sponsors from the local community. The race has sold out the last two years since its inception in 2017 and all profits go back to MMBTS for maintaining and building trails on the mountain. This year MMBTS is building a new jump trail so the profits will directly benefit the new flow line. Last year MooseDuro raised over $5,000 dollars from the race and new memberships purchased at registration.
Local riders Christian Magsombol diving into the top of Stage 3, and Suzanne Winkelmann looking focused en route to a podium spot in last years race
When: Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
What to expect:
• A fully marked race course with short (intermediate) and long (advanced) course options. Course will be released the week before the event on Trailforks and announced via Alberta 66 MTB's website and social media
• “Fly-through” timing system by the BC Enduro Series, with live results during the race
• On course professional mechanics from The Inside Line mountain bike service shop
• Post race refreshments and start/finish line mechanic support by Ridley’s Cycle
• Well stocked aide station provided by local rider Heather Cleveland
• BBQ at the finish to refuel hungry racers
• Podiums and prizes for U15, U21, Open and Masters (40+). No pro category
• Amazing prizes for participants and volunteers provided by Winsport bike park, Silverstar bike park, Tairin Wheels, Bicycle Café Canmore, Osprey, Ibis, Outdoor Research, Salsa, Icebreaker and more!
• 40$ for MMBTS members
• ~80$ for non-MMBTS members, the additional $40 is the cost of an adult ($25 for youth) MMBTS membership
and is mandatory for all racers for insurance coverage.
If you’re interested in participating, either racing or volunteering, registration is available here
. Volunteers will receive a BBQ ticket, raffle ticket for the draw prizes, and a discount on the 2020 MooseDuro.
If you volunteered in 2018, you are eligible for a free race this year ($40 off, MMBTS membership still required), email firstname.lastname@example.org with "MooseDuro Volunteer Discount" in the subject line to receive a code for registration. If you’re interested in sponsoring the event, email email@example.com with “MooseDuro Sponsor” in the subject line.