The eagle eyed among you may have noticed Kyle Strait riding something new and as yet unseen at Crankworx, Rotorua, but the cat is finally out of the bag... He was riding a brand new Commencal (naturally) that as of right now, is not even available for sale. Yet! The new version of the Absolut SX - part of the 2017 range - will surely pick up the mantle from its fun loving and smile inducing predecessors.
The request came directly from Kyle Strait, which was simple - he needed a single bike capable of riding 4X, Dual Slalom and Slopestyle. The suspension was developed especially with this bike in mind, delivering a very progressive suspension curve to accommodate big impacts. The shape of the curve helps keep the first strokes of the suspension sensitive and responsive. This is because during 4X or Dual Slalom for example, the level of grip must be optimised without the bike becoming twitchy and in Slopestyle, the suspension is simply stiffened to cushion the big hits.
|I'm so happy to finally have a frame that fits all of my needs and that I am so stoked to put my name on. Working with the Commencal team on this frame has been a breeze and I cannot thank them enough. Man, we thought of it all on this thing; everything from the strength of the frame, the sizing, all the way to setting up the suspension platform to fit the needs of such a specific frame type. From the first time I hopped on the bike I knew it was exactly what we needed and not to mention, the color and graphics are bit chin! - Kyle Strait|The Facts:
- 26" wheels
- 150x12mm rear axle to maximise strength, stiffness and clearance of the rear wheel
- 100mm rear travel
- Designed for the use with 120mm forks
- Lower ratio so as not to exceed the pressure recommendations for air shocks
- Short 395mm chainstays
- Frame designed to facilitate tricks
- Highly rigid frame design for better accuracy and maximum efficiency
- International standard brake mount/rear hanger compatible with the Supreme Park
- Planned in sizes S/M and L/XL
- 1x Drivetrain