The Higher Groud crew are making this a stop to remember. Part of the 2016 Totally Spoked Bike Fest
, Tourism Golden have rolled out the red carpet with a lot of supporting activities. It's going to be an epic weekend! So make sure you enjoy the Totally Spoked Golden Bike Fest and celebrate all Golden’s love of mountain biking.
Registration is still open, register now!
- Day of registrations are CASH ONLY!!! Please bring exact amounts.
Welcome to Round #3
of the OSPREY
BC Enduro Series (BCES) EAST, presented by Smith Optics
on Sunday, July 17th, 2016
at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Golden
. This round is hosted by Higher Ground Mountain Sports
with support from Golden Cycling Association
.***FULL FACE HELMETS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL RACERS***EVENT LOCATION
This race is taking place on Sunday, July 17th at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. We will be in the Kicking Horse Mountain Bike Park and on the T4 Ridge, as such, full-face helmets are mandatory for all racers.
• There is NO SHORT COURSE• Please note all riders will be registering at the same time, with the Gondola being loaded at 9:00am starting with PRO MEN
• Lift Tickets for Sunday are $24.95 per person, you will need to collect your race plate first, then show the plate at guest services in order to obtain a discounted lift ticket.
• Lift tickets for Saturday (Practice) | It is suggested you buy a mid-day ticket (available after 2:00pm) for $38.00 at Guest services
• If weather does not cooperate, we will run an alternate route, which will include the normal Stage 1, then the trails Upper Krazy Pants and Super Berms in the bike park, you will then proceed over to the Moonraker trail system and complete the normal route.
• The alternate plan will be announced (if necessary) on Facebook at 4:00pm on Saturday.SCHEDULE
SUNDAY | Kicking Horse Mountain Resort | BC Enduro Series East
7:30am VOLUNTEER and FIRST-AID MEETING - Meet at REGISTRATION TENT8:00am-9:00m ALL RACERS Registration and Racer Plate Pick Up - Bottom of Kicking Horse Gondola
8:45am - Racer Briefing
9:00am - PRO MEN load gondola
9:15am - 30-39 MEN Load Gondola
9:30 am 21-29 MEN Load Gondoal
9:45am - Women, U21 and 15 & Under Load Gondola
10:00 am 40+ Men Load Gondola
11.50am-3.55pm: Riders finishing at HIGHER GROUND SPORTS (Downtown Golden)
3.00pm: Awards (or when ever last rider is in)SHUTTLE
We will be planning a shuttle back up to Kicking Horse Resort for people to grab their vehicles - The shuttle will depart around 5:30pm.APRES BIKE
SUNDAY, July 17th | ROCKWATER Grill across the street from Higher Ground.RACE COURSERegular Course
• Stage 1: Rock Garden > Rock Stone > It's a Ten > Chute to View > Home Run
• Stage 2: After Wooden Drop to the Uphill Climb
• Stage 3: After Uphill to The Logging Road!
• Stage 4: LSD (From start of Descent) > Canyon Trail Finishing at Kiosk
• Stage 5: Gold Rush Descent > Take it EasyImportant Course Info
•The trailforks route is a little off, Stage 5 will continue down Take it easy, we just changed that last night!
• The pedal over to Stage 5 has changed a bit from Trailforks, its more fun, just follow the tape
This year we will be working with Trailforks to release all of our courses. Their APP is amazing and here are a few helpful hints for using Trailforks
• Download the App
• Download the BC REGION - this will allow you to utilize the map when you're 'offline'
• Go to: https://www.trailforks.com/routes/
• Check out our course here
• Once on the event hand page, you will see on the right, above the map, a "wishlist" button, with a Cellphone Icon - CLICK THAT BUTTON, it will put a copy of the route into your phone!**Disclaimer**
Courses will be finalized on SATURDAY before 7 pm. Riders wishing to ride the course before it is finished being marked do so at their own risk. The BC ENDURO SERIES and CNEC do not assume any responsibilities for course changes, modifications to the route or lost riders.Please DO NOT MOVE COURSE TAPE or CREATE CUT LINES!!Pre-Riding
• Riders must not move course tape
• Creation of cheat lines, trail modification or cutting the course, will result in a 5 minute penalty. Let's keep the trail enjoyable for the future!
• Please do not 'race' as the trails ARE NOT closed to the public
• Pack all garbage out!
• Please understand that during the pre-ride, the course marking may not be completed and is subject to change.
• Be prepared - Tools, tubes, water, foodRegistration/Staging Address
Registration and Start: Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Finish: Higher Ground Mountain SportsTrailhead Information
We’ll be starting at Kicking Horse and finishing at Higher Ground Mountain Sports.Time of Registration
All Riders - 8:00AM
Day Of - 7:30AMVENDORS ONSITE
• Smith OpticsACCOMMODATION
Camping: Whispering Spruce Campground
or the Cedar Lake Campground
are both suitable choices, they're lots of options in and around Golden.NEXT STOP: Rossland - CNEC #1
The first round of the Canadian National Enduro Championships will take place in Rossland. This event is hosted by cycle eye coaching - Ryan Kuhn and supported by Tourism Rossland and Red Mountain Resort.
This stop will include:
• Live Music -Saturday Night
• Beer sampling - Saturdayn Night
• An awesome course
• Great weather (it's always sunny!)WE NEED HELP!
We're always looking for parents, girlfriends/boyfriends or injured riders to help out!
What you'll get:
• Post race meal and drink
• Discount entry on any other race, for you or for a friend/kid/dog
Contact Diana: firstname.lastname@example.orgNeed Something?! More Information?
• Athlete Inquires | email@example.com
• Volunteer Information | firstname.lastname@example.org (Diana)
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters
• And anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube!#SMITHisMTB
#BCEnduroSeries / @bcenduroseries