Video: Paul Basagoitia - Sending it in Utah

Mar 12, 2015
by Paul Bas

I'm stoked to announce that I'll be continuing my relationship with Spank wheels and joining a new chapter with IXS!

Sending it in Utah

I figured there is no better place to test out products than Utah. I've been really impressed with the overall strength and performance of Spank's Spike Race28 wheels after a season of use. So I decided to see just how far I could push them on my new Scott on some of the best terrain in the world.

Sending it in Utah

I ended up teaming up with my good friends over at Definition Films to create this edit. After a few hard days of digging and taking some good slams I'm excited to release this edit. I hope you guys enjoy this edit, as much as we enjoyed creating it.

Sending it in Utah

Cheers, Paul.

MENTIONS: @spank-bikes @iXSsports @definitionfilms @PBass775 @SCOTT-Sports

Posted In:
Videos

• 62 0
 I have an old dvd disc with a sample from Kona with Paul and Barel riding that I used to watch every friday nite before going to a race on saturday to pump me up. Paul and Fabien are still my heros. Cheers
  • 18 0
 That period of time will always be unforgotten in many people's mind.
  • 9 0
 Awsome. Freeride is not dead
  • 25 0
 ^this gets me amped to ride.
  • 6 46
flag IanCarpenter (Mar 12, 2015 at 16:28) (Below Threshold)
 Paul still rides bikes?
  • 29 0
 Damn rights he does. Impressed everyone at rampage last year too.
  • 2 59
flag Keyboardkilla (Mar 12, 2015 at 17:39) (Below Threshold)
 Flip can was dope, he's obviously still an insane rider but pretty washed since he gave up on trying to keep up with the slopestyle scene, not gonna lie.
  • 76 0
 You know who else isn't trying to keep up with slopestyle? Guys like Zink, Andreu, Aggy, Strait, Sorge, etc.. Slopestyle isn't everything!
  • 9 0
 rocking shimano zees
  • 4 13
flag norcodudemanrises (Mar 12, 2015 at 19:20) (Below Threshold)
 Nah bro Im like 100 percent sure he is on hayes
  • 7 1
 Haha this guy
  • 2 0
 This should get everyone amped to ride, shouldn't it? Wink
  • 1 17
flag Keyboardkilla (Mar 13, 2015 at 12:29) (Below Threshold)
 Zink, Lacondeguy, Aggy, Strait and sorge didn't get dropped by the majority of their sponsors and they still compete regularly..
  • 2 3
 shut up you t***
  • 1 15
flag Keyboardkilla (Mar 13, 2015 at 12:59) (Below Threshold)
 Hop off Paul's D brotha Wink
  • 1 9
flag Andy-Grant (Mar 13, 2015 at 16:23) (Below Threshold)
 Hahah you just got ripped a new one
  • 4 0
 killa prob jus' tryin' to say Bas could be a bigger force on the scene. We all know what he's capable of, but he knows what he's willing to risk & he made the call. Good for him for doing so. At least he's not out bellyaching about not gettin' paid enough like some others do. Wink Any Bas vid is a good vid.

Honestly bruh looks like he'd fit into Fest pretty nicely.
  • 22 1
 Scott dh bikes have come along way since the days of the octane dh, i never though t i would want to own another scott but these gamblers are awesome!
  • 3 0
 They are. I want one too. Will testride one this year on any event I happen to meet them! Big Grin
  • 1 5
flag freeride-forever (Mar 16, 2015 at 17:59) (Below Threshold)
 Looks like Wal-Mart did it. :/
  • 21 0
 What a legend
  • 13 0
 THAT transfer at 1'59"!: just magic
  • 4 0
 The whole vid was magic!!!
  • 2 0
 True, i love vids like this, sick being stuck at work tho instead of smashing thru the woods!!
  • 2 0
 that unreal superman at 1:50... I had to watch it twice with my mouth open
  • 12 0
 What was that BS about teaching an old dog new tricks??
  • 8 0
 Sick Vid, Paul! me and Adam rode with you at those jumps at Peavine.
  • 7 0
 Still one of my favourite riders! I will never forget his epic NWD segments!
  • 7 0
 That was rad man, stoked you brought back the flip can-can..you were doing them before they were cool haha.
  • 8 0
 VOD this mother!
  • 6 0
 Thank god spank still makes 20mm wheels and Paul B still uses them.
  • 1 0
 Just thank Spank. Spank are the ones to thank.
  • 6 0
 Best vid I have seen in awhile!
  • 2 0
 i was just there Saturday and from what i saw, shredding big lines there is pretty scary. There is a fair amount of large exposure, pretty technical "roll-downs", and landings mixed with really loose sandy style dirt. Definitely a unique place, thats for sure.
  • 6 2
 It´s great to see Paul bass back to the game! And also It´s awesome to know that the real mountain biking is back!
  • 4 0
 let me drive let me drive disappear in the night like i was a ghost in a dream
 ^Danny Hurt
 Hahahaha
  • 4 0
 2:50 of pure awesomeness!
  • 5 2
 I heard this song on a ski video once, this use of it was 100000000x better
  • 4 0
 Sweet hip in there. Great vid felt like a nwd section
  • 3 0
 Headed to southern Utah to ride a long weekend right now. So psyched.
  • 2 0
 Did it look like he stuck his leg through his frame at first on that slow motion backflip can to anyone else?
  • 2 0
 que saudades deste atleta
  • 2 0
 ripper and i dont mean the old granny type either... pffft
  • 2 0
 I need to drive my lazy ass three hours down to green river
  • 3 0
 hell yeah paul, get it
  • 3 0
 F#ck yes!
  • 3 0
 Bitchen
  • 1 0
 Watching Paul Bas never fails to brighten the day! Absolutely awesome video!
  • 1 0
 This is true freeride ! Paul makes me wanna go ride my bike everytime I watch him ! Awesome
  • 1 0
 For those without Shazam capabilities, the music is: The Heavy - What Makes A Good Man
  • 1 0
 Good job on scott going for true mtb spirit and preserving it's Heritage.
  • 2 1
 How can he do this without a carbon fiber helmet!?
  • 1 0
 Such great style. Nice work!
  • 1 0
 One of the better recent edits. Nice work.
  • 1 0
 Hell yeah Paul!! Can't wait for rampage again!!
 now that's what i call a Hipster Smile
  • 1 0
 Paul is Killing it again!!!
  • 1 0
 Thanks Paul, that was sick!
  • 1 0
 "Sending It"? he gift wrapped and overnight expressed it :-)
  • 1 0
 sick...the guy is progressing on the big bike for real.
  • 2 0
 yess paul!!!! so sick!!!
  • 1 0
 I think we all can agree, we need more Bas!
  • 1 0
 This is hard to watch thinking about Paul now:/
 what fork is he using?
  • 2 0
 X-Fusion
 that answered my question
  • 1 0
 Great, now the secret is out. X-Fusion makes great products at a great price. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.
 Wao