Plans were announced last night for the Jordie Lunn Memorial Bike Park that is set to be opened in Langford, Vancouver Island this fall. The bike park has been funded in part thanks to donations to the Jordie Lunn Memorial Fund
Lunn was a resident of Langford and ran coaching camps and clinics for young riders in the area. He also helped to build several mountain bike trails around Vancouver Island for riders to enjoy, including the downhill trails and dirt jump park at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort. The bike park is being built in his honor after he passed away in 2019.
The Jordie Lunn Bike Park, located at Irwin Ponds Park on Irwin Road in the City of Langford, will contain the following elements:
- International level pump track with intermediate and beginner levels designed and constructed by Velosolutions
- Three sections of bike jump runs serving beginner to expert riders
- Bike skills area for beginners to those with intermediate skills
- Approx. three kilometer long world class cyclocross course designed by Wheelhouse Cycling Society and constructed by Bill McLane of Workhorse Trail Design
- Clubhouse for Wheelhouse Cycling Society which will contain meeting space, washrooms, showers, bike wash stations and storage.
More information can be found, here