Press Release: Propain15 years later...
15 years ago, the Rage, together with the PRO10 suspension system, laid the foundation for what Propain is today. Initially, Robert Krauss wanted to develop the perfect DH bike for himself, it was only intended as a bike for himself and his friends. He wrote a list of requirements with 10 points that the suspension system had to fulfil. The result is still the core of our bikes and the formula for success of Propain Bikes.
1. Highest drive neutrality
2. Sensitive response
3. Best possible traction
4. Ideal progression to optimally utilise the suspension travel and prevent sagging
5. Excellent anti-squat values (low bobbing)
6. High stiffness
7. Favourable force transmission into the mainframe (lightweight construction)
8. Robust bearing
9. Low & central centre of gravity
10. Low braking influence
In its six evolutionary stages, the Rage has been used in countless World Cup races, the Red Bull Hardline and endless bike park sessions. We have gathered the experience of these years to make the new Rage more sophisticated and better than ever.RAGE MODE ON!Highlights and new features
• Lightweight and robust frame made of Blend Carbon
• Wheel size 29" and Mix
• Chainstay length 445 mm or 460 mm with flip chip adjustment to 29" or Mix
• Suspension travel: 200 mm front; 215 mm rear
• New shock position in front of the seat tube
• Propain Dirt-Shields (double sealed frame bearings)
• Stainless steel frame bearings
• New frame design: "clean and high-end"
• Selectable headtube badges and new decal colors
• New frame colors
• Removable ISCG mount
• Bolted BSA bottom bracket
• Bolted frame protectors
• Secure cable routing above the bottom bracket
• Internally routed cables in cable channels
• HIGH5 Warranty: 5 years warranty and crash replacement
Overall concept und geometry
“Made for racing with heaps of fun” – that's the feedback from the World Cup team. The Rage is a thoroughbred race bike. The combination of a longer reach and a 63° steering angle makes it even more stable than before in high-speed sections. In the setup with the short chainstay, it is extremely agile and manoeuvrable.Suspension system / Kinematics
The PRO10 suspension system offers a lot of sensitivity thanks to the floating shock and already starts to work on the smallest bumps. The 38% progression makes optimal use of the suspension travel and provides enough counterhold in bends and bottom-out resistance in strong impacts - it gives you the feeling of endless suspension travel.
Thanks to 100% anti-squat, the bike accelerates without bobbing. A rearward running axle path curve prevents the feeling of getting stuck on roots and lets you fly over roots.
Suspension travel: 200 mm front; 215 mm rearWheel concept
29" or Mix. The geometry can be adapted to the respective wheel size using a flip chip.
• 29" is optimal for high speed and smoothness and offers better rollover behaviour. (Phil Atwill's choice!)
• Mix is more agile and manoeuvrable with the smaller rear wheel. With the big front wheel, obstacles are easy to overcome. (George Brannigan's choice!)
New design concept and colors
As with our other models, we are also breaking new ground in terms of design language. The modern design of the Rage is elegant, clean and aggressive at the same time. In the processing of the carbon, we use the versatility of the material. Many visible edges and flowing shapes characterize the image. Attention to detail has resulted in a design that is tidy, elegant and dynamic. Small "undercoat" accents give the frame an elegant and clean look. In addition to new frame colors, the customer now also has the option to configure the head tube badge. Likewise, as usual, with the large selection of decal sets for every taste, the bike can be further individualized.
Carbon Raw (Gloss)
Moongrey Dark (Gloss)
Frame featuresHit it hard!
Full focus on the track, no worries about the bike. The Rage was developed for racing conditions and is more robust than ever. Features like extra-sealed, large-diameter stainless steel frame bearings and shock-absorbing frame protectors make the Rage a bike you can always rely on.
• Dirt shields
• Plugged ISCG mount
• Acros stainless steel bearings
• Replaceable frame protectors
• Bolted bottom bracket
• Integrated fork bumpers
• Generous tyre clearance
• Large headset bearing
• Secure cable routingIndividualist
The demands on a downhill bike can vary depending on the route or preferences. To meet these requirements, the Rage can be optimally adapted to these preferences.
• The chainstay length can be ridden in the long 460 mm or short 445 mm version, regardless of the wheel size.
• Thanks to the flip chip, the geometry is ideally adapted to Mix or 29" wheels.
• The frame is compatible with common offset headsets.Moving things forward
The new shock position in front of the seat tube allows us to achieve better weight distribution. The bike's centre of gravity is low and central. This makes the bike easy to manoeuvre around its centre point and extremely well balanced.
The Rage is designed for both steel spring shocks and air shocks. The PRO10 kinematics offer the ideal progression and traction.Internal cable routing
Internal cable routing is standard on modern bikes. It is the cleanest, safest and most beautiful way to lay cables. We bring the whole thing to a new level by equipping the carbon frames with internal cable channels in which the cables run. This makes cable routing super easy and eliminates noise in the frame. With the new Rage CF the cables run above the bottom bracket.Blend Carbon
Different high-tech carbon fibres are used in the Rage. Each fibre has different properties to meet the specific and complex requirements at different points of the frame. This allows us to define the perfect mix of stiffness, flexibility, weight and robustness of the frame with millimetre precision.
Spec and prices
Racing means no compromises! As with all our bikes, only the best parts are selected. In the configurator you can put together your race bike according to your preferences or choose an equal setup as our World Cup riders.
The start option
of the new Rage CF starts at a price of 3,999.00 EUR
Furthermore, in addition to the individual configuration, we offer a performance
Prices outside the EU may differ.Weight:
• Frame (size L): 3.7 kg
• Total wight (size L): from 16.9 kg
Please find more information on our website: www.propain-bikes.com
During the development of the new Rage, we worked closely with the Propain Factory Racing team. The team tested the Rage for over a year on downhill tracks in Portugal, New Zealand and the Alps. With their feedback, we were able to keep optimising the DH bike down to the smallest detail.
Its been 2 years since the first visual sample from the 3D printer to various prototypes to the final bike. In the meantime, the Rage has spent over 200 hours on our in-house test bench in the test lab.