PRESS RELEASE: Norco Canadian Enduro Championships
Welcome to Round #7, Panorama - the Norco Canadian Enduro Championships presented by Live to Play Sports.
We hope you're ready for a big weekend, because this one is going to be epic! We're bringing you some insane stages at Panorama this year!
This event will showcase mountain biking at its finest. If you want to experience the true essence of enduro, this is your race! We're absolutely pumped to be bringing you a huge variety of trails, and you'll be absolutely pumped after riding this course!
This is your chance to score a red and black Canadian Champs jersey!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:The Inside Line Mechanic Station
We have a feeling that with this course, your bike might need some pre and post ride love. Let the pros handle it! The Inside Line’s primary focus is making your bike perform to its potential so you can have a great ride. SMRT Tent
Come say hi to Cody at the SMRT Tent display. He's got a whole line up of tents available and would love to spin a yarn with you.SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
The SMITH Thrills & Spills Timed Descent is a special stage, where racers have a chance at winning cold hard cash! At each race throughout the season, @Mikey_Coulter, NCES representative and videographer, will be on the search for a rider who has experienced the wildest Thrills and Spills of the stage. Mikey is armed with $75 for the man and woman who needs a little extra encouragement!
So how do you win!? At each race look for the stage with the SMITH archways, these stages are all about the Thrills & Spills, and are designed to not necessarily test your speed but to add a different level of fun at each event. Before, after and during this stage, @Mikey_Coulter, may surprise you with some love, so make sure you get well acquainted with him and tell him your story!
Full contest details here We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time takes home the rim set!
When you're hike-a-biking to the top, don't forget to admire the views!
If you need more information, simply click here to read our Event Brief
. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
If you are racing in the Elite category, there's more information in our Tech Guide.
• Read below for event specific important information
• This event is for EXPERTS only.
• If you intend to race in the Elite Category, YOU MUST BRING YOUR PHYSICAL UCI LICENSE to registration.
• Full Face Helmets are MANDATORY, for ALL Racers
• Riders should self-seed in the lift lines - faster riders go first!
• If you come across an injured rider you must stop and dial patrol dispatch at
• There are stipulations on practice, please read below.
• PRACTICE > Please be cautious if hiking or stopping on the trail, the bike park is
OPEN to the PUBLIC!
• STAGE 1 - Champagne chair is open 11am-1pm on Friday only > this is a
mountainous area, riders must be 100% self-sufficient, be prepared, MAKE
• STAGE 3 - Is closed until Friday - Do not use this trail to liaise with other trails.
• There is a mandatory hike-a-bike into the alpine. Riders should bring extra water,
food and jacket. Watch out for wildlife.
• No riders to ride UPHILL in the bike park on training day - must take lift
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers! If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station
• Course Marshals
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• High school Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
Kicking Horse is supporting this year's event - a little caffeine will go a long way!
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Robyn Goldsmith email@example.com
• All other inquiries | firstname.lastname@example.org (Event Director)