PRESS RELEASE: Canadian National Enduro Series
Welcome to Round #2, Kamloops, of the Norco Canadian National Enduro Series presented by Live to Play Sports!
This weekend is sure to be incredible. Kamloops was a rider favourite last year, with a great community vibe at Harper Mountain. The trails are always incredible, and we've got a brand new trail and fresh dirt coming at ya! Big thanks to the trail builders and volunteers who helped put that one in. BOLDLY UNSCRIPTED
Kamloops is a unique place, with one of the most diverse riding scenes in the world. There's something for everyone. If your thing is fast XC, Kamloops has it. Love rowdy dirt jumps? Kamloops has them. Steep tech? Look no further.
On Saturday evening, we will be running a $100.00 Grass Slalom. It's simple, ride a bike, down a grass slalom course. Fastest time gets $100.00. We'll also have beer from local brewery Red Collar Brewing for those of age to sample!
The grass slalom will be back for another year! Get ready to shred!
This year we've got a few new programs to create some fun for the whole family, bringing it back to the roots with more prizes and entertainment, so check the following:Spoke Bike and Ski Mechanical Support
Be sure to check out the Spoke tent in the main vendor area, which will feature mechanic services for riders. If your bike isn't running quite right, they'll sort you out.SMITH Thrills and Spills Timed Descent
The SMITH Thrills & Spills Timed Descent is a special stage, where racers have a chance at winning cold hard cash! At each race throughout the season, @Mikey_Coulter, NCES representative and videographer, will be on the search for a rider who has experienced the wildest Thrills and Spills of the stage. Mikey is armed with $75 for the man and woman who needs a little extra encouragement!
So how do you win!? At each race look for the stage with the SMITH archways, these stages are all about the Thrills & Spills, and are designed to not necessarily test your speed but to add a different level of fun at each event. Before, after and during this stage, @Mikey_Coulter, may surprise you with some love, so make sure you get well acquainted with him and tell him your story!
Make sure to tag #PursueYourThrill, @smithoptics, @canadian_enduro_series #SMITHisMTB
to tell your story!
Full contest details here. We Are One Rim Swap Fiesta
During the apres, don’t forget to try your hand and time yourself as you try to swap a tire from one #HandlaidInCanada
rim to another. The winner, takes home a pair of Carbon Rims, by We Are One! The game is simple, take a tire off of a #HandLaidInCanada
carbon rim, and put it back on. The fastest time takes home the rim set!
Our Kamloops race always has a unique, laid back atmosphere, which makes it a rider favourite!
We're switching it up this year, no more confusing, long-winded emails, simply click the link below and read our new Event Brief. If you still need more information, go to our website. If you're still lost, well, good luck finding Stage 2.
- Full face helmets are mandatory at this race for ALL racers.
- Practice on the new trails (Cadence and Dill Tho) is not allowed. These trails comprise a portion of of stages 1 and 4. You can preride the other portions of those stages, and you are welcome to walk the new trails.
- Practice on the grass slalom is only open from 4:00pm-7:00pm on Saturday.
- Please abide by your registration schedule.
- No shuttling on the upper road.
- Mostly Mental Shuttles are running on Saturday from 12:00pm-4:00pm > $5.00 cash only!
- We are using a new fly-by timing system, so make sure you attend your racer briefing.
- Please abide by your registration schedule.
- We have a rulebook now but don't worry, it's just common-sense...well, for some.- Click here to read the Event Brief (Racer information package)
These events do not happen without our dedicated volunteers, every year I'm absolutely enthralled by the passion these people bring to the event. If you're interested in volunteering at some of our events, please reach out and let us know how we can make your summer exceptional!
We're always looking for the following:
• Course Sweep
• Course Clear (rides behind the sweep and cleans course marking)
• Food Station - likely the best gig!
• Course Marshals - second best gig, always in the action!
• Registration Table - Early start, early finish, interacting with the riders
• First-Aid - Must be comfortable with hiking/biking to your spot and be a minimum of WFR. We do offer paid positions.
• Finish Line Support - Hang out at the finish line
What we offer:
• Free sandwich and apres meal/beer on event day
• Free entry to any race this year! If redeeming for your kids/spouse you'll receive 75% off.
• Volunteer for more than two races and receive an additional free race!
• Free lift ticket for events based at resorts.
• Highschool Volunteer Hours for students!
• Event T-Shirt!
If you're keen, register here as volunteer
Thanks to all our volunteers, you are the backbone of the racing community!
The Canadian National Enduro Series is supported by:
It's hard to imagine a more idyllic location for an event.
A massive thank-you to this year's series sponsors and supporters and anyone who Volunteered with us and anyone who helped with a shuttle, a beer or a spare tube! Need something? More information?
• Visit our Website
• Athlete Inquires & Volunteer Information | Will Cadham firstname.lastname@example.org
• All other inquiries | email@example.com (Event Director)